SBI customers can enable or disable their online transactions(i.e. transactions through websites) for Debit/ATM card usage. It will help to avoid fraudulent transactions. In this article, we will discuss how to activate an SBI debit card for online transactions.
In case if you do not want to do online transactions through SBI ATM/Debit card, you can deactivate it in order to avoid unauthorized online transactions, however, ATM and Pos transactions will continue as usual.
Below mentioned are the steps you need to follow in order to activate/deactivate online transactions for SBI Debit/ATM card.
Also, Read How to Apply for ATM Card in SBI
Activate/Deactivate SBI Debit/ATM card for online transactions by SMS
You can activate or deactivate online transactions just by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number. Use the below format to send an SMS.
- To Activate online transactions.
Send SMS “SWON<space>ECOM<space>Last 4 digits of your Debit Card number” to 092239 66666(for example- “SWON ECOM 1234”)
- To Deactivate online transactions
Send SMS “SWOFF<space>ECOM<space>Last 4 digits of your Debit Card number” to 092239 66666(for example- “SWOFF ECOM 1234”)
Enable/Disable SBI Debit/ATM card for online transactions through YONO LITE SBI
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to activate online transactions through YONO SBI LITE Application.
- Download the YONO SBI LITE app and log in using your internet banking credentials i.e.your user name and password.
- Click on Manage Cards section
- Under the Services section click on Manage Debit Card option.
- Select your account and Card number. To enable or disable online transactions for your SBI ATM Card turn ON/OFF the e-commerce(CNP) Txns option.
- If you do not want your card to be used for e-commerce transactions turn it off else turn it on.
- Click on Submit.
Enable/Disable SBI Debit/ATM card for online transactions through YONO SBI
Below mention are the steps to be followed in order to activate/deactivate online transactions through YONO SBI.
- Download YONO SBI and log in either through MPIN or User ID(user name and password)
- Click on Service Request tab
- Select ATM/Debit Card option
- Provide your Internet Banking profile Password
- Click on Manage Card option
- Select your Account and Card, tap on Manage Usage and set E-commerce transactions ON/OFF.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number to confirm the changes done. provide OTP and click on Submit.
In this article, we have learned How To Activate SBI Debit Card for Online Transactions. I hope the information will be useful to you.
Any questions related to this article, you can ask in the below comment section. I will be happy to answer them.
It is because you have not enabled your Debit card for e-commerce transactions. Activate it by logging in to SBI YONO LITE or SBI YONO app.
In case if you do not use your Debit card online for a long time, it will be turned off. however, you can activate it anytime by following the above process.
Send SMS “SWON<space>ECOM<space>Last 4 digits of your Debit Card number” to 092239 66666
E-com service means your card is active for online transactions through websites. if it is not active you can not do the online transactions through websites. however, it will be active for ATM and Pos transactions.
The SBI sends an SMS alert to the customer once their debit card is blocked for online transactions.
Firstly, you should have a Debit/ATM card that supports international transactions. If you have it then you can activate it through YONO SBI and YONO SBI LITE app following the below steps.
a. Log into YONO SBI LITE using your user name and password.
b. Tap on Manage cards
c. Select Manage Debit Card
d. Select Debit Account and Card Number
e. Turn the International Usage button ON
f. Click on Submit.
You can check by logging in to SBI YONO App. if your card shows as “international Usage” then you can use it internationally after turning it ON.
If it does not have the international usage option then you have to change your card and then activate it for international transactions.
It mainly depends on the type of card you are using. make sure you check with your bank before traveling abroad regarding this.
There will be no extra charge to active your card for international usage However you may charge for SMS sent.
yes, nominal charges will be there as a part of currency conversion.