State Bank of India or SBI is one of the largest public sector banks in India offering various services. It also offers credit cards through its subsidiary Company SBI Card. If you are using SBI Credit Card for a while and you want to increase your card limit, then this article is for you. Today, in this article you will learn How to Increase Your SBI Credit Card Limit Online | Know SBI Credit Card Limit?
SBI provides various types of credit cards based on individual requirements. every card has its limits.
You must know the basic things like what decides your credit limit, requirements, and eligibility for credit limit increase, etc. let’s begin…
How Credit Limit is Determined on a Credit Card?
There are various factors responsible for the card limit. below you can find the major ones.
- The applicant’s income.
- Age of the person.
- Any loans or liabilities or EMIs attached to the applicant.
- The repayment capacity of the applicant.
- The Credit History of the person.
- The Credit Score or Credit Rating of the applicant.
- The type of credit card that is issued.
Advantage of Higher Credit Limit
- Larger Purchases
- Greater Spending Power. The more you spend the more Reward points you get. later you can redeem those points.
- Easy to get loans
- A higher credit limit can help you to tackle the emergencies like medical, hotel booking, flight booking when you are travelling abroad.
- You can get extra benefits like access to airport lounges, higher discounts, free movie tickets, among other things.
Requirements to request SBI to Increase your Credit Card Limit
- Your mobile number and email ID must be registered with your bank account.
- Access to Internet banking is needed if you are increasing limit online.
- Your mobile number must have an active SMS pack to send and receive an SMS.
Documents required to be submitted to Increase SBI Credit Card Limit
- you need to provide last 2 month Salary Slip.
- ITR VI.
- Form 16 (for salaried individuals)
Eligibility Criteria to Increase SBI Credit Card Limit
- The card should be in active status.
- Paymet for EMIs should be always done on time.
- Cards should be more than 6 months since the issuance.
- Your KYC must be completed.
How to Check SBI Credit Card Limit through SMS
If you are not aware of your credit card limit or you do not remember the limit you can send an SMS in the below format from your registered mobile number to 5676791.
Check Your available credit card balance and limit:-
SMS AVAIL<space>Last four digits of your SBI Card, for Ex. AVAIL 1234 and send it to
After sending the above SMS within few seconds you will get a message from SBI containing your total credit limit and available credit limit.
If you have access to SBI Net Banking or Mobile Banking you can check it there as well.
SBI Credit Card Limit Check Number
You can call the SBI Credit Card customer care number and check your card limit.
Dial 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, 39 02 02 02 (Prefix local the STD code) or 1800 180 1290 (toll-free)
Call the above number, follow the IVRS call, enter your card number, and know the limit.
How to Increase the SBI Credit Card Limit?
You can increase the limit of an SBI card by either availing pre-approved credit limit offer or by requesting a credit limit increase with income documentation.
Pre-approved Credit Limit Offer
It refers to a pre-qualified offer for an increase in credit limit for your credit card. It does not require any document for approval.
If the bank finds you eligible for an increase in limit and has contacted you, you can opt for the offer via any of the following channels:
SBI Credit Card Internet Banking Website:
- Visit the official website of SBI Card and login using your credentials.
- Once you login successfully click on the Offers or Benefits tab on the left-hand side.
- Check for any Credit Limit Increase offer on your account. If there is any offer you will see on the right hand side on the screen.
- Check the box I agree to increase my credit limit if you see any offer. Click on Generate OTP button.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and email ID and click on the Submit button.
- Congrats!! you have successfully increased your card limit. you will see the confirmation message on the screen with the reference number.
- Chatbot ILA: Login to Chatbot ILA, ask a query for Credit Limit increase and follow the steps further to proceed with card limit increase.
- SMS: Text INCR XXXX (last 4 digits of your card number) to 5676791 from your registered mobile number.
- Customer Care: Dial 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, 39 02 02 02 (Prefix local the STD code) or 1800 180 1290 (toll free).
Credit Limit Increase with Income documentation
In case you wish to increase the limit but do not have any offers yet, call on SBI Card helpline number at 1860 180 1290 or 39 02 02 02 (prefix STD code) and check with our customer care executive regarding your eligibility for a credit limit increase basis income documents.
You can mail or post your above-mentioned relevant income documents to the below registered SBI Card address.
DLF Infinity Towers
Tower C, 10-12 Floor
Block 2, Bldg 3
DLF Cyber City
Gurgaon – 122002
You too can send a Soft copy of the above-mentioned document to the SBI card official email i.e www.sbicard.com/email.
After verifying your documents the request for a Credit limit increase will be fulfilled in accordance with the SBI’s internal Risk Policy.
Increase Your SBI Credit Limit by Visiting Bank Branch
You can visit the bank’s home branch to place your request to enhance your credit limit. make sure you carry the above-required documents along with you.
The bank officials will check all the required documents and if they find you eligible, your request will be accepted and the card limit will be increased within 7 to 10 working days.
You will get a message to your registered email ID/Mobile number once the limit is increased.
In this article, you have learned How to Increase Your SBI Credit Card Limit Online | Know SBI Credit Card Limit using various methods. I hope your doubt regarding the SBI credit limit Increase is cleared.
Make sure you increase your credit card limit if you have a genuine and strong reason, not just to spend more on luxury things otherwise it will create a financial burden on you.
If you have any questions related to the SBI credit card limit increase, contact its customer care department and they will assist you.
SMS, AVAIL<space>Last four digits of your SBI Card, for Ex. AVAIL 1234 and send it to 5676791 from your registered mobile number.
a. Visit the official website of the SBI Card and log in using your credentials.
b. Once you log in successfully click on the Offers or Benefits tab on the left-hand side.
c. Check for any Credit Limit Increase offer on your account. If there is any offer you will see it on the right-hand side of the screen.
d. Check the box I agree to increase my credit limit if you see any offer. Click on Generate OTP button.
e. Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and email ID and click on the Submit button.
f. Congrats!! you have successfully increased your card limit. you will see the confirmation message on the screen with the reference number.
Dial 1860 500 1290, 1860 180 1290, 39 02 02 02 (Prefix local the STD code) or 1800 180 1290 (toll-free), follow IVRS call and know your credit limit.