State Bank of India(SBI) one of the largest banks in India serving more than 400 million customers and more than 22000 branches. In this article, we will discuss how to apply for an ATM card in SBI.
Considering you have SBI bank account, how can you apply for ATM card?
There are mainly two ways you can apply for ATM card in SBI.
- Internet Banking
- Visiting your Branch
Apply Via Internet Banking
If you are planning to apply for an ATM card in SBI, online, or through Internet Banking follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log in to SBI internet banking
- Under e-services select ATM card services.
- After that click on Request ATM/Debit Card.
- Select the account number, type the name which you want to print on the card, select the type of the card from the dropdown, check the disclaimer box, and hit the submit button.
- If you want the card to be delivered to the Registered address leave it like that and click on the submit button. By default, it will pick a registered address and it will show your Permanent address.
- If you want to receive an ATM card to any other address select New Address, fill in the details, and click on Submit Button.
Your ATM card request has been submitted and you will get it through Speed Post. Once the card is dispatched you will receive SMS and email to your registered mobile and email ID.
The email and SMS will too have Speed Post AWB No. also called Consignment number which will help you to track your Debit Card Status. The card will reach the given address within 7 to 10 working days.
Apply Via Branch
In case if you don’t have Internet Banking you can visit the branch and request an ATM card. The SBI employee will assist you with this. Make sure you carry the mentioned below documents along with you and follow the process.
- The original and one photocopy of PAN card.
- Any one Address proof like an Aadhaar card, Driving license, Voter ID, Passport, etc.
- Ask for ATM application form form SBI counter and fill it with all the latest details.
- After filling the form sign it and submit it to the SBI counter along with the required documents.
- The SBI staff will verify your details and initiate the process of issuing the ATM card
1-Which documents are mandatory for ATM card?
PAN Card and Address Proof
2-If I do not have PAN card how I can apply for ATM card?
you need to fill FORM 60(substitute of PAN Card) in order to apply for ATM Card. you need to provide your details like name and address in this form. Also, you need to mention the reason for not having a PAN card.
3-What will happen if the deliverable address is wrong or the account holder is not available at the given address?
The ATM Kit will be returned to the customer’s home Branch. you will get an update also about the return to your registered mobile and email ID.
you will be charged Rs 100 +GST in case of return and the amount will get deducted from your SBI account.
4-What should be done after I lost my ATM /Debit Card?
In this case follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Call SBI Customer Care immediately at 1800 4253 800 or 1800 112 211 and request them to block your Debit card.
- You can also send an SMS to 567676 by typing <Block><space><last 4 digits of your card number>.
- You can also log in to internet banking and block your card by following the below steps-
e-services Tab–>ATM Card Services–>Block ATM card
5-How many days it will take to get an ATM Card?
You will receive your ATM card within 7 to 10 working days after submitting the request.
6-How much SBI charges as annual fee for Debit card?
Annual Maintenance charges—-Rs 125+GST
Card Replacement Charges—–Rs 300+GST
7-Is ATM card a debit card?
Though most banks these days offer Debit card cum ATM card but there are few factors that differentiate them. check out the below factors.
An ATM card is a PIN-based card, used to transact in ATMs only, But a Debit Card is a much more multi-functional card. It is accepted for transacting at a lot of places like stores, restaurants, online in addition to ATM.
you might be charged high fees by your bank in the name of ATM Charges in case your bank and ATM are not the same while in a Debit card, you have some limitations to which you can withdraw the amount from other bank ATMs.
8-Can I have two ATM Cards from one SBI Account?
yes, you can apply for two ATMs from one single account provided that both cards type should be different. Be aware that you have to pay an annual maintenance charge for all the active cards linked to your account.