State Bank of India (SBI) is the most popular public sector bank in India. It provides various banking-related products and services online and offline. In case you forgot to add a nominee while opening an account no need to worry. In this article, you will learn How to Add Nominee in SBI Account Online?
We will see the methods by which one can add nominee online in SBI, also we will learn how to check the existing nominee to your SBI bank account if any.
But before let’s see what is a nominee in the Bank account?
What is Nominee for Bank Account?
A Nominee means a person who can be listed in your bank account or any other investment instruments, and accountable for your bank account/investment in case of your unexpected death.
In simple terms, we can say a person who will receive the benefit of anything like insurance, investment, bank account, properties, etc. in case of the death of the insured person.
Now, you must have a brief idea about a nominee, lets move to the process of adding a nominee to a Bank account.
How to add Nominee in SBI Account Online Via Internet Banking
You must have access to SBI Net Banking if you want to add a nominee online. if you have it already, follow the steps below.
- Visit the SBI Net Banking official website.
- Login using your Username, Password & OTP received to your registered mobile number.
- After successful login on the dashboard click on the option Request & Enquiries on the top right-hand side.
- Now, select Online Nomination from the available options.
- On the next screen, you will see your address details. choose your account number for which you want to add a nominee and click on the Continue button.
- Now enter Nominee Name, date of birth, Address, and Relationship with the account holder and Click on the Submit button.
- Enter the high-security password which you received on your registered mobile number. Click on the Confirm button to add a new nominee.
- If a nominee is already registered you will get a message saying Nomination is already registered for this account. To change nomination, please cancel your current nomination and register a new nominee.
- You can cancel the existing nomination by clicking the tab Cancel Nomination and Submit your request.
How to add Nominee in SBI Account Online Via Mobile Banking
In order to add nominee’s name via SBI mobile banking, follow the steps below.
- Download and install YONO LITE SBI Mobile app to your phone.
- Login to the app using Net Banking User Name and Password.
- After successful login , click on the Services option from the dashboard.
- Next, select Online Nomination from the available option.
- On the next screen select Type of Account i.e. Transaction/Deposit account, select your Account Number, and click on the Register Nomination button.
- Next, enter Nominee Name, DOB, Address, and Relationship with the account holder and Click on the Submit button.
The nomination shall be made only in favor of the Individual. Nomination other than in favor of an Individual will not be valid.
If the Nominee is already added to your account you will not get the option to Register Nominee. you will only be able to view the existing Nominee.
To change the Nominee, first, you need to cancel the existing nominee and then add new nominee details.
The facility to register nominees online is available for single-user accounts only. To register a nominee for a joint account, contact your home branch.
How to add the Nominee Offline in SBI?
In case if you want to add the nominee offline you must have to visit the bank branch and follow the steps below.
- Visit the bank branch with your bank passbook and get the Nominee Registration form or download the form from the official website.
- Fill in all the details like nominee name, address, etc and submit it to bank officials. They will link the nominee to your bank account.
- Once a nominee is added you will be notified through email or SMS to your registered mobile number or email.
In this article, you have learned How to Add Nominee in SBI Account Online through SBI Net Banking and Mobile Banking. I hope you will be able to add a nominee to the SBI account easily.
However, if there are any doubts/questions related to this article do not hesitate to ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer them.
a. Visit SBI Net Banking official website https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm.
b. Login using your user name and password.
c. After successful login click on the option Request & Enquiries from the homepage.
d. Then Click on the Online Nomination option.
e. Choose your account number for which you want to add a nominee.
f. enter Nominee Name, date of birth, Address, and Relationship with the account holder.
i. Enter the high-security password which you received on your registered mobile number.
j. Click on confirm button to submit the request successfully.
If it is done online using SBI Net Banking or Mobile Banking it will be updated instantly. however, if it is done offline via branch it may take 24 hours to update.