State Bank of India (SBI) offers Kisan Credit Card to the people involved in agricultural activities and farmers. farmers can take a loan on a credit card with a very minimal rate of interest.
The loan covers crop production expenses, poor harvest expenses, and emergency requirements, etc.
It also provides the facility to use this card for personal expenses, medical requirements, children’s education expenses, and many more.
Feature and Benefits of Kisan Credit Card
There are so many great features & benefits of the SBI Kisan Credit Card. find below key features.
- Credit Cardholders will earn interest on the balance left in the card. The interest rate will be the same as in the saving bank.
- Farmers will get Free ATM Cum Debit card i.e. State Bank Kisan Card.
- Crop Insurance is provided for all Credit Card holders for certain crops in certain areas.
- The first year Loan amount will be decided based on the cultivation, post harvest expense and farm maintenance cost.
- After first year the loan amount will be decided on the basis of increase in level of finance.
- Loan up to 1.60 lakh security is not required.
- Farmers will get interest subvention at 2% for the loan up to 3 lakhs and an additional 3% is given on quick repayments.
- The interest rate of 7 % is applicable for one year or up to the repayment due date whichever is earlier.
- In case the payment is not done within the due date interest is applied at the card rate. After the due date interest will be compounded half-yearly.
- The repayment period may be fixed on the grounds of harvesting and marketing period for the crops for which a loan has been granted.
Let’s see who is eligible for Kisan Credit Card.
- All the farmers are eligible for this card whether they are individuals, Joint cultivator owners, Tenant farmers, oral lessees or sharecroppers, etc.
- SHGs (Self Help Groups) or Joint liability groups including tenant farmers are also eligible for Kisan Credit Card.
Documents Required to Get Kisan Credit Card
The below documents are required to open a KCC account.
- Proof of Address: Voter ID card, Passport, Aadhaar card, Driving license, government-certified address proof, etc.
- Proof of Identity: Voter ID card, PAN card / Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, government-approved photo ID, etc.
How to Apply for SBI Kisan Credit Card
Follow the process below in order to apply for KCC in SBI.
- Download the application form from SBI Official Website or get it from any SBI Branch.
- Submit the duly application form at your nearest SBI Branch.
- The loan department will review your application and will grant you loan if everything looks fine.
- You can use the loan amount as soon as you get the credit card.
Today we got the information about SBI Kisan Credit Card, features & benefits, how to apply for this in this article. I hope you liked this.
1: How to know the balance in SBI Kisan Credit Card?
You can call the customer care toll-free number in order to check the balance and other related information.
Toll-free number: 1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800
2: Can Farmers use their Kisan credit card like a normal credit card?
yes, they can use it. they can also use it for their personal expenses like buying groceries and other basic requirements.
3: Can farmers buy any electrical and electronic devices/machines which will help them in their farming-related business?
Yes, farmers can use this credit card to buy any electrical and electronic machines which can be helpful in agricultural activities.
4: How can I get SBI Kisan Credit Card?
It is very easy to get SBI Kisan Credit Card. Customers can download the form from SBI official website or they can get it from their nearest SBI branch. Fill the form and submit it to the branch.
5: How long it will take to get Kisan Credit Card?
After submitting the application form, the loan department will verify your details and if everything is perfect you will get it in 3-4 working days.
6: What is the Validity of KCC or Kisan Credit Card?
KCC will be valid for 5 years.
7: What are the documents required for KCC?
Identity proof- Voter ID card / PAN card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving License etc.
Address proof: Voter ID card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving license etc.