The cheque is considered the safest way of transferring money from one account to another due to its uniqueness. If you have a bank account in PNB you must know how to request a PNB cheque book online.
The same concept we will learn here in this article. As the provided cheque leaves at the time of opening an account is limited.
Sooner or later you need to request it again. if you know the online process of applying cheque you don’t have to worry about visiting the bank and it will save your time as well.
let’s move to the number of ways you can request a cheque in PNB. There are mainly two ways you can request chequebook.
let’s discuss both ways one by one.
How to request a PNB Cheque Book Online through Internet Banking
Follow the below process in order to request a PNB cheque book online through net banking.
- Visit PNB internet banking portal and log in using your User ID and Password.
- On the Dashboard click on Other Services tab and select Service Requests.
- Now select New Requests and click on OK button.
- Under Request Type select Request New Cheque Book.
- Next select your Account , Number of Cheques leaves and click on Submit button.
- On the next screen check the box to confirm the address, enter your transaction password and click on Submit button.
- Once you click on submit button your request will be placed and you will get the cheque to your registered address with the bank.
How to request PNB Cheque Book Online through Mobile Banking
Follow the below procedure to request Punjab national bank cheque book through mobile banking i.e. PNB ONE mobile app.
- Download PNB ONE mobile app to your phone.
- Log in using your 4 digit MPIN.
- On the home page select Cheques tab.
- Now choose Request for Cheque Book under Cheques option.
- Select Account number, number of cheque leaves(20,50,100), charge account, and click on Continue. make sure to check once your delivery address if it is updated correctly.
- Enter your transaction password and click on Confirm button.
- You have successfully placed your request for a new cheque book. you will get it to the registered address within 10 working days.
How to request PNB Cheque Book through SMS
In order to get the cheque via SMS, you need to send SMS in the below-mentioned format.
CHKBK<space>Account Number<space>user ID<space> Number of Cheque leaves
e.g. CHKBK 1693370XXXXXXXXX HODEVNLQX 100
Request PNB Cheque Book via Customer Care
You call PNB customer care toll-free number 1800 180 2222 or 1800 180 2223 and follow the IVRS option. choose the option which says request a new cheque book.
Request PNB Cheque Book Offline by Visiting Bank Branch
Follow the below procedure to get a cheque book from the branch.
- Visit your PNB Bank branch.
- Ask for new cheque book request form from the office employee.
- Fill all the relevant details, sign it and submit it to the counter.
- Bank will deliver cheque book to your registered address with in 10 working days.
PNB Cheque Book Issuance Charges
|Request Type (Non-Individuals/ Individuals)||Charges|
|Request through||Digital mode: Rs. 3 per leaf|
Branch: Rs. 4 per leaf
|Non- Personalised||Rs. 5 per leaf|
|Free Cheque Book||Saving Bank Account: One Cheque book of 20/25 Leaves free in a Financial year|
Basic Saving Bank Deposit (BSBD) Account: 10 Cheque Leaves Free Per year
we have learned 5 methods of requesting cheque book in Punjab national bank. you can choose any of them based on your convenience. I hope this information will be useful.
The cheque book will be delivered to your registered address with the bank within 10 working days.
You can call PNB toll-free number 1800 180 2222 or 1800 180 2223 and get an update. provide your transaction ID. It might get stuck with the courier company.
It will be mostly delivered by the Indian Post office.
You have the option to select the number of leaves. generally, it will be 20,50 & 100 in numbers.