Using online services provided by the PNB helps its customers to a great extent. In certain scenarios, we block our ATM card by mistake or we need to block our card intentionally. In order to tackle both issues, we need to know how to block/unblock the PNB ATM Debit card.
By the end of this article, you will be knowing the answer to the above question. Let’s start with the topic of why we need to block our ATM Debit card?
Why You need to Block PNB ATM Debit Card?
Before knowing how you can block your PNB Debit card you should know why you need to block it. We do this in the below scenarios.
Loss /stolen of ATM Debit Card: Due to any unpredictable circumstances, we lost our ATM card or it has been stolen we need to block it as soon as possible in order to avoid any fraudulent transactions.
Card Replacement: In case if we are replacing our previous ATM card with new one we can block old debit card.
Suspicious transactions: Sometimes we feel that someone has used their cards for any transactions. this happens as in this tech era ATM cards are targeted by hackers. So we have to extra careful about security.
Now We know in which scenarios we need to block our card. Now let’s discuss how you can block your ATM Debit card in Punjab National Bank.
Read Also How to get Customer ID in PNB
How to Block PNB ATM Debit Card
There are various methods by which you can easily block your Punjab National Bank ATM Debit card. mentioned below are the ways to follow.
Block PNB ATM Debit Card By Calling Customer Care
As soon as you notice that you have lost your ATM card call customer care straight away. you can call the PNB toll-free /paid helpline number.
Toll Free number: 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222
Paid helpline number: 0120-2490000.
Follow the IVRS code and choose the option which says block your ATM Debit Card.
Read Also How to Generate PNB ATM PIN
Block PNB ATM Debit Card By Sending SMS
You can block your card by just sending SMS in the below format from your registered mobile number.
SMS HOT<space>Card Number
e.g. HOT 9361470000000028
Block Punjab National Bank ATM Debit Card Through Net Banking
If you have access to Internet banking you can easily block your ATM Debit card online. follow the process below to proceed.
- Visit PNB net banking portal
- Log in using your User ID and Password.
- On the Dash board under Value Added Services select Debit Card Hotlisting.
- Now Select Account Number from the drop-down and click on Continue button.
- On the next window enter Card Number and Transaction Password to confirm the transaction. Click on Submit button.
- You have successfully blocked your card. a message will display on the screen confirming the same.
Block Punjab National Bank ATM Debit Card Via PNB ONE Mobile App
You can also block your ATM card using PNB ONE mobile app. you just need to follow the steps below.
- Download the PNB ONE mobile app to your mobile phone and log into the app using MPIN or Userd ID & Password.
- On the home page Click on Debit Card tab.
- On the next screen select Hotlist Debit Card.
- Choose Account number and Card number and click on Continue button.
- Now enter Transaction Password and click on Confirm button to proceed.
- You have successfully blocked your PNB ATM Debit card. A message will display on the screen confirming this.
Block Punjab National Bank ATM Debit Card By Visiting Bank Branch
In PNB bank is near you you can rush to bank to block your ATM Debit card. Carry your Passbook and ID card along with you to make the process fast.
Ask PNB bank officials to block your card. They will ask passbook and ID card to verify your details. After verifying your card will be blocked. you will get an update through SMS as well.
We have learned 5 ways to block PNB ATM Debit card. you can choose any of them based on your requirement and availability. I hope this knowledge will be helpful for you.
1: Can I unblock the blocked ATM Debit Card?
No, Card once blocked you can not unblock it. you have to apply for a new card.
2: How to block PNB Credit card?
Call PNB Credit Cards helpline number 1800 180 2345 or 0120 – 4616200. you can also send an email to email@example.com and get your credit card blocked.
3: How long it will take to block your ATM cum Debit card?
If you are doing it online it will be blocked immediately. In case of a branch visit, it might take a little more time depending on the queue but it will be done quickly there as well.