Punjab national bank, one of the largest public sector banks in India providing many services online for its customers. In case if you are already a customer or you have newly opened an account in PNB you must know how to generate /Reset PNB ATM PIN or how to activate PNB ATM card.
Changing PIN regularly will keep your account secured. there were a time when banks use to send ATM PIN through post after opening an account. But now banks are moving towards green PIN.
Green PIN saves a lot of time and paper as it’s completely digital. through green PIN you can generate/reset PIN very easily. you do not have to wait for the PIN.
Lets us understand PNB green PIN in brief.
What is PNB Green PIN?
With the advancement in technology, PNB introduced Green PIN. It is nothing but just an OTP (one-time-password) sent to the customer’s registered mobile number.
Green PIN is valid for 72 hours from the time of delivery. It is of 6 digits and you can use it to generate/Reset PNB ATM PIN.
Read More about Green PIN
How to Generate PNB Green PIN
At the time of opening an account with PNB, the bank will send you a Green PIN (OTP) to your registered mobile number. the PIN will be valid for 72 hours from the time of generation.
PNB existing customer can also generate Green PIN (OTP) to reset the old PIN.
In case if you are not able to use the Green PIN within 72 hours you have to generate it again by sending an SMS in the below format from your Registered mobile number.
|Customers within India||DCPIN<space>16 digit debit card number to 5607040|
Ex- DCPIN 1234567898765432 to 5607040
|Customers outside India||DCPIN<space>16 digit debit card number to 9264092640|
Ex- DCPIN 1234567898765432 to 9264092640
After the generation of the Green PIN, you can generate or Reset PNB ATM PIN very easily. Check the below methods to proceed further.
Generating a PNB ATM card PIN is the same as Activating your PNB ATM Card. After PIN generation only your ATM card will get active for further use.
Read Also How to Block PNB ATM Debit Card
How to Generate PNB ATM PIN Through ATM
As soon as you generate the PNB Green PIN visit the ATM center within 72 hours and follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Visit any PNB ATM near by.
- Swipe your Debit card at PNB ATM machine.
- Select your Preferred language.
- Under Banking select GREEN PIN Option.
- Enter 6 digit OTP (green PIN) received to your registered mobile number and Press the button YES.
- On the next screen system will ask you to enter 4 digit PIN of your choice. Enter your new PIN and select the PRESS HERE button.
- Re-enter the same 4 digit number again for confirmation of PIN.
- If you have correctly entered same PIN twice, the system will store the PIN and screen will display confirmation message as PIN changed successfully.
How to Generate PNB ATM PIN Without Internet Banking
Yes, it is possible to generate/Reset PNB ATM PIN without internet banking. follow the procedure below.
- Visit PNB Internet Banking portal and click on link Generate Debit Card PIN.
- Next Enter Account Number and click on Continue button.
- You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP and click on the Continue button.
- On the next screen enter your Debit Card number, Green PIN OTP delivered to your mobile number, CAPTCHA code, and click on Submit button.
- Now enter and re-enter 4 digit PIN of your choice and click on Submit button.
- After matching of both PIN you will get confirmation message on the screen that your PIN is successfully changed.
How to Generate PNB ATM PIN Via Internet Banking
If you have access to internet banking you can reset or generate PIN very easily. follow the steps below.
- Log in to PNB Internet Banking using your User ID and Password.
- On the Dashboard under Value Added Services select Set/Reset Debit Card PIN.
- On the next screen select the Account number to which the ATM card is linked from the drop-down and click on the Continue button.
- Now under user Authentication, enter your Card Number, expiry date, 6 digit OTP received to your registered mobile number, and click on Submit button.
- Next, you need to set 4 digit PIN for your ATM card. confirm the new PIN by re-entering the PIN again and click on the Update button.
- Your PIN is now set successfully. A message will display on the screen confirming the same.
Generate PNB ATM PIN Through PNB ONE Mobile App
You too can set or reset ATM PIN using mobile app PNB ONE. follow the procedure below.
- Log in to PNB ONE mobile app using 4 digit MPIN.
- Now Click on Debit Card tab on the home screen.
- Select Generate Green Pin from the list.
- From the drop-down select the account number to which the ATM card is linked and click on the Continue button.
- Enter your ATM card number, select expiry date, enter 6 digits OTP delivered on your mobile number, and click on the Continue button.
- After validation of your details system will ask you to enter and re-enter 4 digits PIN number of your choice.
- If 4 digits PIN matches in both cases you will see a confirmation message on the screen saying your PIN is set successfully.
Important Points to Remember
- Do not share you Green PIN (OTP) with any one.
- Change your ATM PIN on a regular basis for better security.
Using the above 4 steps you can easily generate or reset ATM PIN in PNB. all the methods are easy and fast. I hope this information will help you.
1: How to generate Green PIN for customers staying outside India?
You can send an SMS in the below format if you are living outside India.
DCPIN 16 digit debit card number
2: what can I do if Green PIN OTP is not used with in 72 hours?
It will get expire and you have to create it again by sending an SMS in the below format.
DCPIN space to 5607040 from your registered mobile number only.
3: Is there any charges the bank recovers to deliver OTP on the customer’s registered mobile number?
Bank does not charge anything from customers for delivering OTP. SMS charges are recovered from customers by telecom operators as per their SMS plans.
4: How many digits Green PIN have?
It will have 6 digits.