If you have recently got an HDFC credit card and while doing any transactions you get a message “Transaction Declined, then go through this post completely to know the reason for this error. You will learn How to Fix the Issue” HDFC Credit Card Transaction Declined” by checking various means which can be responsible.
Before that make sure you understand the term Transaction Declined first. check the definition below.
What is Transaction Declined in Credit Card?
In simple terms, it means when you are using your credit card to purchase anything online or withdrawing money from ATM and because of any issue, your transaction did not succeed that is called transaction declined.
For Example – you are purchasing your favorite Gadgets from any online store using your credit card, you entered credit card details correctly however when you are in the final stage of the process you get a message on the screen i.e your transaction declined.
How to Fix the Issue” HDFC Credit Card Transaction Declined”
There might be plenty of reasons why you are getting this error while using the card. we will try to cover the scenarios for this error and also the ways you can fix it.
Solution 1: Check your HDFC Transaction Settings
This is the most important reason behind transaction failure. follow the steps below to check the settings if is correct.
- Visit HDFC Bank Internet Banking Website
- Login using User ID/Customer ID and Password. check the box of phrase and image as well.
- After you login successfully click on the Cards option on the top of the homepage.
- Under Debit Card option tap on Request tab.
- Now Under Request option you need to select Set Card Usage/Limits.
- Next, Select a card from the drop-down for which transaction is failing and click on the Continue button.
- Now under Set Card Usage/Limits you will see two option Daily Domestic & Daily International.
- If your domestic transaction is getting declined click on the Domestic Tab and check the settings, make sure to turn on the settings you need. for example – if your are getting transaction failed error while withdrawing money from ATM, turn ON ATM Usage setting. similarly if your Merchant Outlet or Online transaction is failing , turn it ON. Make sure Online Usage should be turned ON.
- If your International transaction is getting declined click on the International Tab and check the settings, make sure turn on the settings you need. for example – if your are getting transaction failed error while withdrawing money from ATM, turn on ATM Withdrawal setting. similarly if your Merchant Outlet or Online transaction is failing turn it ON. Check for the option International Usage if it is turned ON.
- Once you modify the settings you will see successfull message on the screen. you too will get an SMS to your registered mobile number about this update.
Solution 2: Exhausted Credit Card Limit
If you are not checking your credit card balance on a regular basis then it is very obvious that you have exhausted your credit card limit, resulting in transaction failure.
Once the transaction is declined check your card limit and if you have already consumed your limit, pay your bill or use another credit card.
Solution 3: Check your internet Connection
We come across sometimes that the internet is very slow or the internet is not working at all. In that case transaction process will be timed out and your transaction will be declined.
Wait for the network to restore and then use your credit card. it will allow you for sure.
Solution 4: Bank Server is not Responding
Due to an overload of service requests or because of any technical issue in a particular bank, you may encounter this error and your credit card transaction will be declined.
Be patient and wait for some time and then try again.it will allow you to use your card. you can even call your respective bank if this error keeps coming.
Solution 5: Contact Customer Care
You can also call customer care to check if there is any technical issue with the credit card or with the bank which is causing this. they will check and let you know about this.
Dial 1800 258 3838 / 1800 266 4332 / 044 61606161 or visit the page to know your city HDFC Bank customer care number.
In this article, you have learned How to Fix the Issue” HDFC Credit Card Transaction Declined”. You can give it a try by going through all the above methods to solve this. we will try to look for more scenarios and ways to fix this.
In case if you still have an issue with transactions put your queries in the comment section below or you can call the bank customer care number.
It is because you have hit the credit card limit. Pay your dues immediately or use any other card in this case.
Make a habit of checking your credit card balance regularly to avoid any transaction failure in the future.
1800 258 3838 / 1800 266 4332 / 044 61606161