HDFC Bank is one of the best private sector banks in India offering various services and products. A credit card is one of them. If you are using an HDFC credit card from time, you must consider a limit Increase. This article will help you to know How to Increase HDFC Bank Credit Card Limit Online | Check HDFC Bank Credit Card Limit?
As a leading private sector bank, HDFC offers various types of credit cards based on individual requirements. each card has different limits.
Before we jump to the methods of increasing card limits, you must be aware of the basic things like what decides your credit limit, requirements, and eligibility for credit limit increase, etc.
How Credit Limit is Determined on a Credit Card?
There are various factors responsible for the card limit. below you can find the major ones.
- The applicant’s income.
- Age of the person.
- Any loans or liabilities or EMIs attached to the applicant.
- The repayment capacity of the applicant.
- The Credit History of the person.
- The Credit Score or Credit Rating of the applicant.
- The type of credit card that is issued.
Advantage of Higher Credit Limit
- Larger Purchases
- Greater Spending Power. The more you spend the more Reward points you get. later you can redeem those points.
- Easy to get loans
- A higher credit limit can help you to tackle the emergencies like medical, hotel booking, flight booking when you are travelling abroad.
- You can get extra benefits like access to airport lounges, higher discounts, free movie tickets, among other things.
- No need to manage multiple credit cards.
- You can improve your credit score as well.
Requirements to request HDFC to Increase your Credit Card Limit
- Your mobile number and email ID must be registered with your bank account.
- Access to Internet banking is needed if you are increasing limit online.
- Your mobile number must have an active SMS pack to send and receive an SMS.
How to Check Eligibility Criteria to Increase HDFC Credit Card Limit
- Visit HDFC Credit Card eligibility check page
- Enter registered mobile number with HDFC Bank & Last 4 digits of the Credit Card to check eligibility.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and view your new credit card limit if you are eligible.
- If you are eligible you will get another OTP for you to accept & activate.
- You will receive a confirmation of your increased Credit Card limit.
How to Check HDFC Credit Card Limit by Calling Customer Care
You can call the HDFC Credit Card customer care number and check your card limit.
Dial 1800 258 3838 / 1800 266 4332 / 044 61606161 or visit the page to know your city HDFC Bank customer care number.
Call the above number, follow the IVRS call, enter your card number, and know the limit.
How to Increase HDFC Bank Credit Card limit by Calling Customer Care
You can call HDFC Bank’s phone banking number 1800 258 3838 / 1800 266 4332 / 044 61606161 or visit the page to know your city HDFC Bank customer care number and place a request to increase your HDFC credit card limit.
The bank will ask you for the above relevant documents to check if you are eligible for a credit increase.
Once you meet all the requirements, you will be intimated by the bank for a credit limit increase via email/call/SMS to your registered email or mobile number.
Increase Your HDFC Bank Credit Limit Online Using Internet Banking
- Visit HDFC Internet Banking website
- Login using your Customer ID/ User ID and Password. to know your customer ID click here
- Once you login successfully click on the Cards option from the Menu.
- Next click on the Request option and select the Credit Limit Enhancement option.
- Select Your Card number and click on the Continue button.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see the eligible limit , enter your new limit and click on the Continue button.
- Check the details once again and click on Confirm button.
- You will see a successful message on the screen with the Reference Number.
- Congrats!! you have successfully increased your HDFC credit limit.
Increase Your HDFC Bank Credit Limit by Visiting Bank Branch
You can visit the bank’s home branch to place your request to enhance your credit limit. make sure you carry the above-required documents along with you.
The bank officials will check all the required documents and if they find you eligible, your request will be accepted and the card limit will be increased within 7 working days.
You will get a message to your registered email ID/Mobile number once the limit is increased.
In this article, you have learned How to Increase HDFC Bank Credit Card Limit Online | Check HDFC Bank Credit Card Limit. I hope your doubt regarding the HDFC Bank credit limit Increase is cleared.
Make sure you increase your credit card limit if you have a genuine and strong reason, not just to spend more on luxury things otherwise it will create a financial burden on you.
If you have any questions related to the HDFC Bank credit card limit increase, contact the customer care department and they will assist you.
1800 258 3838 / 1800 266 4332 / 044 61606161
a.Visit the HDFC Internet Banking website and log in using your Customer ID/ User ID and Password
b. Once you log in successfully click on the Cards option from the Menu.
c. Next, click on the Request option and select the Credit Limit Enhancement option.
d. Select Your Card number and click on the Continue button.
e. On the next screen, you will be able to see the eligible limit, enter your new limit and click on the Continue button.
f. Check the details once again and click on Confirm button.
Yes, in most cases if the bank notice that your payment is increased and your credit scores are also good, the bank will send you an email/SMS or call you for limit enhancement.
You need to approve the limit increase to be added to the existing limit.
No, The bank will not charge anything to increase the card limit. It is absolutely free.