HDFC is one of the leading private sector banks in India offering a wide range of banking services and products to its customers. It offers various services like Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, various types of loans, etc. Few services are still offline, among them one is to transfer HDFC Bank account from one Branch to another?
In case you have relocated to a new place due to any reason and you want your account to be transferred to a new place this article is for you.
Requirements to transfer Bank Account to another branch
- New address proof which is valid. keep your identity proof ready as well.
- New branch name and branch Code
Can we Transfer HDFC Bank Account to another branch Online?
Well!! You might be thinking that in this digital world where every service is moving online or being automated, there must be a way to transfer HDFC bank account Online.
But, there is no way we can transfer HDFC Bank Account to another Branch Online, this is because of Banking terms and conditions. you must have to visit the bank branch.
In the future HDFC might launch the facility to transfer your bank account online to another branch. we will update you once this service is available online.
How to transfer HDFC Bank Account from one branch to another branch
You can not transfer your bank account online in HDFC, however, you can get the account transfer form online. Follow the steps below to proceed.
- Download the HDFC Account transfer form online by clicking on the link. you can also get this form from the branch.
- Fill the details like Your account number, Old branch and new branch name, Old branch code and new branch code, address and contact details and sign it.
- Write an application letter mentioning your account number, name mobile number, branch code where you want to transfer your account.
- Next, Visit your home bank branch where you have your account, submit the form to the bank officials, make sure to attach proof of address and identity with the form and application.
- Banks will verify the details and will transfer your bank account with in 7 to 10 working days.
- After 7 days visit the new branch with your identity proof just to confirm if your account has been transferred with correct details. you too can check online using HDFC Net banking to confirm the details like IFSC code, branch name etc.
Important Points to Know About HDFC Bank Account Transfer
- Your account number will not change. It will remain the same.
- You can continue to use your existing cheque book, debit card, etc.
- Make sure you get a new passbook from the new bank branch with the updated address. you need to submit address proof as well.
In this article, we have discussed How to transfer an HDFC Bank account from one Branch to another following the above steps. I hope this information has cleared your doubts regarding the HDFC bank account transfer.
If there are any questions/doubts related to this information you can ask in the below comment section. I will be happy to answer them.
It will take around 7 to 10 working days.
a. Download the HDFC Account transfer form online
b. Fill in the required details like account number old & new branch etc. and sign it.
c. Write an application letter to the branch manager.
d. Visit your home bank branch and submit the form to the bank officials.
e: After verifying the details your account will get transferred in 7 to 10 working days.
As of now online facility is not available in the HDFC Bank for account transfer. you have to visit the bank for this.