HDFC Bank provides various banking and financial services online for its customers. It is one of the best private sector banks in India. Few services are there which can not be done online like closing an account, Changing the bank account name, etc. In this article, you will learn How to Change or correct the Name of an HDFC Bank Account?
Unfortunately, the bank account name can not be changed either through Net Banking or Mobile Banking. you have to visit your bank branch for this.
There must be solid reasons in case if you want to change your bank account name. some of the reasons you can find below.
Reasons to change your name
- You have changed your name or surname after getting married.
- There are some spelling mistake in your name.
- Changing name after getting divorced.
Required documents to change Your name
There are few documents you need to show in order to change or correct your name. find the necessary documents.
- Marriage certificate or affidavit in case you are adding surname or changing your name.
- Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID etc in case you are correcting your name in bank account. your modified name must match with any of the above metioned documents.
- Keep a phtocopy of all the documets.Self attest all the identity documets such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport, Voter ID etc.
Now that you know what needs to be changed and also you have the documents ready next you need to write an application as below.
How to write an application to change your name after marriage in HDFC Bank account?
The Branch Manager,
——– (Name of Bank)
——–Bank Branch Name
Subject: Application to Change Surname/ Last name/Middle name Change of Account No.———
I, ———-(Applicant Name) Wife of ———(Spouse Name) Resident of ———-(Address) holding a savings account having account number ——–(Account Number) in your ——–(branch address). I have got married to ———(Spouse Name) on ———(date of marriage) and after marriage, my name changed to ——–(new name).
Therefore, I request you to kindly correct my name to ———-(new name) in my ————-(savings) account having account number ———-(Account Number). I hereby attach the marriage certificate, Customer request form, KYC documents along with the application.
I shall be highly obliged to you for this.
How to write an application to correct your name in HDFC Bank account?
In case by mistake your name spelling is wrong in your bank account, you need to write an application in the below format.
The Branch Manager,
———- (Name of Bank)
———- Bank Branch Name
Subject: Application to correct name in my saving bank account——- (account number)
My name is —– (your real name) but due to an error or mistake in typing my account name has been changed to ——- (current name in the bank account). Thus creating a conflict in online transaction/registration and verification.
Therefore it’s a deep request to correct my name in my savings bank account as per the attached proof of document (attach Aadhaar, PAN, Voter ID, Driving license, Passport) in order to avoid any issue in a transaction going forward.
I am looking forward to fixing this issue as soon as possible.
Final Process in changing or correcting your name in HDFC Bank Account
- Till now you have application ready, the required documents to change or correct your name.
- Visit your bank home branch along with the photocopy of the required documents. make sure your carry original as well.
- Make the required documents self attested.
- Submit Application letter, photo copy of the required documents to the bank officials.
- Bank will verify your details carefully and if all the documents are correct as per the bank policy your name will get changed or corrected in your bank account.
- It will take 7 to 10 working days to update your name in savings bank account.
In this article, you have learned How to Change or Correct a Name in HDFC Bank Account. I hope you will able to change or correct your name easily after going through the above article.
In case of any queries/doubts, you can ask in the below comment section. I will be happy to answer them.