HDFC Bank is one of the best private sector banks in India providing various services online like Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, FD, etc. It also provides you Debit ATM card at the time of account opening. In case your ATM card is lost due to any incident you need to block it as soon as possible in order to avoid any fraudulent transactions. In this article, you will learn How to Block HDFC Bank ATM Debit Card Online?
We will discuss various methods by which you can easily block your HDFC debit card. but before make sure you go through the below requirements to make the process fast.
Requirements to Block HDFC Debit ATM Card
- your mobile number must be registered with your bank account.
- You should have access to Internt Banking if you are blocking the card online.
- HDFC mobile banking access should be there to block card using mobile app.
- An active SMS pack must be in your mobile number to send or receive an SMS.
How to Block HDFC Debit card by Calling Customer Care
As soon as you realize you lost your debit ATM card you need to act fast and block your debit card. follow the steps below and proceed with closing your Debit Card.
- Call the HDFC Bank Customer care number 1800 258 3838 or get your city customer care number from the link
- Once the call is connected choose your preferred language by selecting the number from keypad.
- Next choose the option that says card blocking.
- Authenticate your self by entering your Debit Card details.
- Your call will get transferred to the phone banking executive.
- The Phone Banking customer executive may ask you for some security questions.
- Once your details are verified successfully, your debit card will be blocked by the customer care executive instantly.
How to Block HDFC Debit Card Online Using HDFC Bank Mobile App
If you have already registered to HDFC Bank mobile app follow the steps below to block your card.
- Open HDFC Bank mobile App to your phone.
- Login using your Customer ID and password or through Quick Access PIN.
- Once you logged in successfully click on the menu option on the top left hand side and choose the option PAY.
- Next select the Cards option under the meny PAY. and you will able to see your card details on the screen.
- Select on the card you want to block by clicking on the arrow button.
- On the next page click on the Block option, choose the reason and click on the button BLOCK CARD.
- Your Card is now blocked. you will see a successful message on the screen.
How to Block HDFC Debit Card Online Using HDFC Bank Net Banking
Follow the steps below to block your HDFC Debit Card using Internet Banking.
- Visit the HDFC Net Banking Official Website and Login using User ID/Customer ID and Password. make sure to confirm your Secure Access Image and Message to login.
- Once you login successfully click on the Cards option from the top horizontal Menu.
- Next from the Debit Card option on the left hand side click on the Request tab.
- Under request select the option Debit Card Hotlisting.
- Next select the card you want to block, choose the reason from the dropdown and click on the confirm button.
- Once you click on the confirm button click on the button Reissue if you want to get a new Debit card in replacement of the blocked card.
- You will get a confirmation message to your registered mobile number.
Block HDFC Debit ATM Card Offline by Visiting the Bank Branch
- Visit your HDFC Bank home branch.
- Get Hotlising or blocking ATM Debit Card form or you can download this form from the official website.
- Fill the form carefully , sign it and submit it to the bank officials. They will check your details and will block your card instantly.
In this article, you have learned How to Block HDFC Bank ATM Debit Card Online and offline by visiting the bank branch. I hope you will be able to block your HDFC Debit ATM card fast and easily.
Any doubt related to this information can be asked in the below comment section. I will be happy to answer them.
Call the HDFC Bank Customer care number 1800 258 3838 or get your city customer care number from the link. Once the call is connected verify your details to the customer care executive and block your Debit card.
You can call the HDFC customer care number, verify your personal details like name, DOB, Fathers name, registered mobile number, etc. after validating the details bank executive will block your card instantly.
You too can visit your HDFC Bank home branch to block your card.
HDFC Bank Customer care number 1800 258 3838.
It will get blocked instantly where ever your request either online or to your home branch.