HDFC Bank is one of the leading private sector banks in India providing its quality services across the country. It offers various online and offline services. In case if you are not happy with the services provided by the bank you can choose to close your bank account. In this article, you will learn How to Close your HDFC Bank Account.
If you have decided to close your bank account, it means there must be a strong reason like you do not want to keep multiple accounts or any personal reason.
How to close HDFC Bank account without visiting branch
Well!! we might be thinking that banks are moving towards digital so there must be a way to close the account Online.
But, there is no way one can close their HDFC Bank Account Online, this is because of Banking terms and conditions. you must have to visit a bank branch to proceed to close your account.
|Read Also How to Close SBI Bank Account|
Points to remember before proceeding to close your HDFC Bank Account
- You can not re-open your HDFC Bank account again.
- All the pending dues should be cleared before closing your HDFC Bank account.
- You need to make your account balance 0 before account closure.
- Cancel all Auto debit facilities from your account like loan deduction, any Policy auto deduction, etc.
- You can keep complete Bank statement of your account for any future reference.
How to Close HDFC Bank Account? Step by Step
- Visit your HDFC Bank home Branch.
- Request the HDFC account closure form from the bank officials or you can download the HDFC account closure form from the Bank website.
- Once you have downloaded the form, fill in by entering all the details mentioned below.
- Name of the account holder
- Account number
- Signature of the account holder
- Address including City, State, and PIN number
- Reasons for closing the account
- The balance remaining in the account if any
- Transfer the remaining balance through DD, Cheque, Cash, or in another account.
- Now submit the form to the bank officials.
- After submitting the account closure form return the passbook, cheque book, Debit ATM card, provided by the bank to you.
- HDFC Bank branch may ask for your ID and address proof to authorize the correct person for this account.
- After successful verification, your account will be closed. you will get confirmation to your registered email and mobile number as well.
You have learned How to close your HDFC Bank Account by following the above mentioned easy steps. I hope this article will help you to close your bank account in a smooth way.
If there are any questions/doubts related to this information do ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer all of them.
It will take around 7 to 10 working days to close your HDFC Bank Account.
The customer has to pay Rs. 500 as a charges to close ones HDFC Bank Account.
In order to close your account, you need to make your account balance clean. It means to make the account balance “Zero” by paying all the dues before closing your Bank account.
Unfortunately, You can not close your bank account online. You need to visit your home branch where you opened the account.
Visit your Bank home branch where you have an account and request the bank official for account closure. you can follow the above steps to close your account.
HDFC Bank Customer Care Toll-Free Number is 1800-266-4332.