One of the main products of Citibank is its Credit Card. it offers various types of credit cards based on individual requirements. every credit card comes with its own limitations. however, if you want to increase your credit card limit, go through this article completely. In this article, you will learn How to Increase Citibank Credit Card Limit Online | Citibank Credit Card Limit Increase?
We will discuss the methods using which you can increase your Citibank Credit card limit. Note that After all, it’s the bank that will decide whether to increase your card limit or not.
Before moving to the methods you must know how a credit limit is determined on a Credit Card?
How Credit Limit is Determined on a Credit Card?
There are various factors responsible for the card limit. below are the major ones.
- The applicant’s income.
- Age of the person.
- Any loans or liabilities or EMIs attached to the applicant.
- The repayment capacity of the applicant.
- The Credit History of the person
- The Credit Score or Credit Rating of the applicant.
- The type of credit card that is issued.
First-time Credit Card users are normally given a low credit. This is because the Bank does not have any prior record of how you manage your credit limit. Then, Over time, based on how you manage this limit, can be increased by the bank.
Requirements to request the Citibank to Increase your Credit Card Limit
- You must have credit card and it should be linked to the Citi Mobile application.
- Your mobile number and email ID must be registered with your bank account.
- Access to Internet banking is needed if you are requesting online.
Documents required to be submitted to Increase Citi Credit Card Limit
- The latest copy of your Individual Income Tax Return along with income computation details if you are doing it online.
- Your salary certificate or payslips of the last two months if you are requesting online.
- Form 16 which has been attested and sealed by the authorized signatory.
How to Increase Citibank Credit Card limit by Sending an Email
Citibank Cardholders can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from their registered email ID to apply for an increase in the credit limit by sending the bank a copy of self-attested authenticated documents as mentioned above.
How to Increase Citibank Credit Card limit Using Net Banking
- Visit Citibank Net Banking official website and login using your User ID and Password.
- Once you login successfully Click on the Services tab on the home page and select Credit Card Services option.
- On the next screen click on the option Request a Credit Limit Increase.
- Select the credit card account you wish to request a credit limit increase. The screen will display the info, i.e. current credit card limit, outstanding balance and last statement balance.
- Enter the revised credit limit and effective date for the increase. After entering the required details, click on Next button.
- The screen will display a statement clarifying whether you are eligible for limit enhancement or not. If you are eligible, you can request for the same and your request will effect immediately.
- You will be notified to your registered email and mobile number regarding limit increase.
How to Increase Citibank Credit Card limit by Sending an Mail or Post
You can mail the self-attested documents mentioned above to the Citibank registered address.
Citibank N.A. Mail Room
ACROPOLIS, 9th Floor
New Door No.148 (Old No.68)
Dr. Radhakrishnan Salai
Mylapore, Chennai – 600004
Citibank Credit Limit Increase Offer
It refers to a pre-qualified offer for an increase in credit limit for your credit card. If the bank finds you eligible for an increase in limit and has contacted you can opt for the offer via any of the following channels:
- Send a blank email from your registered email ID to email@example.com with the subject line I accept an increase in credit limit.
- SMS YES CLI to 52484 or 91-9880752484 from your registered mobile number.
- Log in to your Citibank net banking and use Your Queries option by logging into your account.
- Call Citibank Customer care number 1860 210 2484 or 91 22 4955 2484 .
NOTE: Mention your Citi Credit card number for which credit limit increase is required while submitting the above documents.
In this article, you have learned How to Increase Citibank Credit Card Limit Online | Citibank Credit Card Limit Increase. I hope your doubt regarding the Citibank credit limit is cleared.
Still, if you have any questions related to this do ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer them.
It will take 10 to 12 working days to process your request regarding a credit card limit increase.
To reduce the credit limit of your Citi credit card, call CitiPhone banking services.
You can also write your Queries by logging in to your Citibank Net banking account.
A part of the credit limit assigned to your card account can be used to withdraw cash. This is called a cash limit. The assigned credit limit has a cash limit included in it.