Citi Bank is an American multinational bank and financial services corporation offering various types of services like credit cards, Debit cards, Net Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.
If you are a customer of Citibank and recently got your credit card, then you must know how to activate it. In this article, we will discuss the step-by-step process to generate your card PIN and also to activate your credit card.
Only after generating your Credit card PIN, you will be able to use it for any purpose.
Requirements to Generate Citibank Credit Card PIN Online
- Your mobile number must be registered with your bank account.
- You should have a valid Debit/Credit Card.
- Your mobile number must have an active SMS pack to receive the OTP.
- The most important you should have access to Citibank Net Banking if you are generating credit/Debit card PIN Online.
How to Generate Citibank Credit Card PIN Online?
There are two scenarios in this case. one if you are already a customer of Citibank and second, you are a new user of Citibank credit card. we will discuss both in detail.
Generate Citibank Debit/Credit Card PIN or Activate Citibank Credit Card Via Citi Mobile App if You are a New Customer of Citibank
Follow the steps below and generate your credit card PIN Online.
- Download and install Citibank IN mobile app to your phone. lauch the app and click on the option New User.
- On the next screen choose your accout type Credit Card/Debit Card from the drop-down, enter your 16 digit credit/Debit card number, enter CVV number, Date of birth, check the box accept terms & conditions and click on the Proceed button.
- Now you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number, enter that OTP and click on Continue & choose User ID. OTP is valid for 15 mins only.
- On the next screen enter User ID of your choice, Re-enter User ID and click on the button Proceed to Choose IPIN.
- On this new screen you will see your newly created User ID. Enter the Password, Re-enter the password again and click on the button Continue to choose Card PIN.
- Now you will see your last 4 digits of your credit card number. Set your 4 digit PIN ,Re-enter your PIN and click on the Continue button.
- You will see a message on the screen saying you have successfully created your User ID and Password. Click on the Login button and use your newly created User ID and Password to enter your Citibank account.
- Congrats!! you have successfully generated your Citibank credit /Debit Card PIN.
Generate Citibank Debit/Credit Card PIN Via Citi Mobile App if You are already a Customer of Citibank
If you are already a customer of Citibank you must have access to Internet Banking. follow the steps below to proceed with Credit card PIN generation.
- Visit Citibank Net Banking official website and log in using your User ID and Password.
- Once you log in successfully on the left hand side click on the Credit Card option. scroll down a bit and click on APIN Self Select under PIN related option.
- On the right hand side you will all your card, select the desired card ,enter CVV Number of the selected card and click on Generate OTP buton.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. enter that OTP and click on the Proceed button.
- On the new screen enter your new 4 digit Credit /Debit Card PIN, Re-enter the PIN and click on the Ok button.
- Your Credit /Debit card PIN will be successfully generated. you will see the message on the screen as well.
How to generate Citibank Debit/Credit Card PIN through ATM
- Visit your nearest Citibank ATM centre.
- Insert Card in the ATM slot and select the preferred language.
- Select the option to Create PIN using OTP.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP
- Now, create a new 4-digit PIN of your choice.
- Retype the New PIN and click on the Submit option.
- Your PIN has been successfully created. you will be notified by the bank via message.
How to generate Citibank Debit/Credit Card PIN through IVRS
IVRS stands for Interactive Voice Response System. It is the customer care number provided by the bank. follow the steps below to generate your card PIN.
- Call the Citibank customer care number 1860 210 2484 / 022 4955 2484 from your registered mobile number and select your language.
- Press 1 for Credit Card and enter your credit card number or Account Number..
- Select option 3 For PIN Services.
- Then Select 1 to self-select credit card PIN.
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Enter your new PIN.
- Your PIN is successfully created.
In this article, we have discussed how to generate Citibank Debit/Credit Card PIN and how to activate a Citibank credit card.
I hope you will be able to activate your Debit/Credit card and generate a new PIN in case you are a new customer or already a customer.
Any questions related to the information you can ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer them.
No, You must have to visit Citibank ATM to change or create your card PIN.
Call the customer care 1860 210 2484 / 022 4955 2484 from your registered mobile number ad follow the IVRS guideline mentioned here.
Citibank customer care number 1860 210 2484/022 4955 2484.