Standard Chartered Bank offers various types of credit cards to customers based on their requirements. each card comes with its own limit. generally, First-time Credit Card users are normally given a low credit but over time if you feel to increase your SCB credit card limit, go through this article. Today we will discuss How to Increase Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Limit Online?
We will discuss the methods using which you can increase your SCB Credit card limit. Note that After all, it’s the bank that will decide whether to increase your card limit or not.
Before moving to the methods you must know how a credit limit is determined on a Credit Card?
How Credit Limit is Determined on a Credit Card?
There are various factors responsible for the card limit. below are the major ones.
- The applicant’s income.
- Age of the person.
- Any loans or liabilities or EMIs attached to the applicant.
- The repayment capacity of the applicant.
- The Credit History of the person
- The Credit Score or Credit Rating of the applicant.
- The type of credit card that is issued.
Requirements to request the Standard Chartered Bank to Increase your Credit Card Limit
- You must have credit card and it should be linked to your SCB account.
- Your mobile number and email ID must be registered with your bank account.
- Access to Internet banking is needed if you are requesting online.
Documents required to be submitted to Increase SCB Credit Card Limit
- The latest copy of your Individual Income Tax Return along with income computation details if you are doing it online.
- Your salary certificate or payslips of the last two months if you are requesting online.
- Form 16 which has been attested and sealed by the authorized signatory.
How to Increase Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card limit Using Net Banking
- Visit SCB Internet Banking website and login using Username and Password.
- Once you login successfully to your account click on the Help & Services option from the left menu.
- On the next screen click on Card Management option and select Credit Limit Increase.
- Next, click on the Apply button.
- One the new window enter New limit required, Reason for increase, choose your occupation and fill accordingly, enter your company name, current annnual income, designation and click on the Next button.
- Now, you need to upload the required documents like last 2 months alary slip,Income tax return etc. and proceed.
- Once you upload the necessary documents it will be reviwed by the bank. If the bank satisfied by the information provided your credit limit will increase.
- Your request will be processed within 7 working days.
How to Increase Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card limit by Sending an Email
SCB Cardholders can send an e-mail to email@example.com from their registered email ID to apply for an increase in the credit limit along with a copy of self-attested authenticated documents as mentioned above.
Standard Chartered Bank Credit Limit Increase Offer
It refers to a pre-qualified offer for an increase in credit limit for your credit card. Bank’s credit card customers who have received the Offer communication through SMS/Call/Email from the Bank and who have successfully given their consent for limit increase qualify for the Offer.
Or, Customers need to call the phone banking number mentioned in the offer SMS/Email within the offer date to increase their card limit.
Credit limit increase will be set up within 2 working days after the request is accepted by the customer care representative.
In this article, you have learned How to Increase Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Limit Online. I hope your doubt regarding the SCB credit limit is cleared.
Make sure you increase your credit card limit if you have a genuine and strong reason, not just to spend more on luxury things otherwise it will create a financial burden on you.
If you have any questions related to the SCB credit card, you can contact its customer care department and get your queries addressed.
1800 – 345 – 1000, 1800 – 345 – 5000
The bank will update you through email or SMS regarding this.
It will take 3 to 4 working days to review your submitted documents and to approve the Increase card limit.