Axis Bank is one of the major private sectors bank offering various services and products to its customers. Credit Card is one of the main products of Axis Bank. It has a long catalog of credit cards that fit every individual. each card comes with certain credit limitations. If you are using an Axis Bank credit card for a while and you are thinking to increase your card limit read this article. You will learn How to Increase Axis Bank Credit Card Limit Online | Axis Bank Credit Card Limit Enhancement?
There are various methods to request Axis Bank for a Credit enhancement however Credit limit increase is at the sole discretion of the Bank.
Before we jump to the methods of requesting a credit limit increase, it’s a good idea to know what determines your credit limit.
How Credit Limit is Determined on a Credit Card?
There are various factors responsible for the card limit. below you can find the major ones.
- The applicant’s income.
- Age of the person.
- Any loans or liabilities or EMIs attached to the applicant.
- The repayment capacity of the applicant.
- The Credit History of the person
- The Credit Score or Credit Rating of the applicant.
- The type of credit card that is issued.
First-time Credit Card users are normally given a low credit. This is because the Bank does not have any prior record of how you manage your credit limit. Then, Over time, based on how you manage this limit, can be increased by the bank.
Advantage of Higher Credit Limit
- Larger Purchases
- Greater Spending Power
- Easy to get loans
- A higher credit limit can help you to tackle the emergencies like medical, hotel booking, flight booking when you are travelling abroad.
- You can get extra benefits like access to airport lounges, higher discounts, free movie tickets, among other things.
Requirements to request the Axis Bank to Increase your Credit Card Limit
- You must have credit card and it should be linked to the Axis Mobile application.
- Your mobile number and email ID must be registered with your bank account.
- Access to Internet banking is needed if you are requesting online.
Documents required to be submitted to Increase Axis Credit Card Limit
- Documents are not required if you hold an Axis Bank Salary Account. Only Account number is sufficient.
- If you do not have salary account in Axis Bank ,you need to provide last 3 month Salary Slips and Bank statement stating salary credit of other bank.
- If you are Self Employed you need to provide the latest IT Return.
Eligibility Criteria to Increase Axis Bank Credit Card Limit
- The card should be active and normal.
- Paymets should be always done on time.
- Cards should be more than 6 months since the issuance.
- There should be no limit enhancement/decrease or Instant Loan availed in the last 6 months.
- Your KYC must be completed.
How to Increase Axis Bank Credit Card limit by Calling Customer Care
You can call Axis Bank’s phone banking number 1860 419 5555 / 1860 500 5555 and place a request to increase your Axis credit card limit.
The bank will ask you for the above relevant documents to check if you are eligible for a credit increase.
Once you meet all the requirements, you will be intimated by the bank for a credit limit increase via email/call/SMS to your registered email or mobile number.
How to Place a Request for a Credit Limit Increase on Axis Bank Credit Card online through Net Banking
Follow the steps below to proceed.
- Visit Axis Bank Net Banking official website and log in using your User ID/Customer ID and Password.
- Once you login successfully on the home page click on the option Accounts and select My Credit Cards.
- Next, tap on Limit Enhancement and select Check for Limit increase.
How to Place a Request for a Credit Limit Increase on Axis Bank Credit Card online through Mobile Banking
- Download and install Axis Mobile App to your phone.
- Login using your Customer ID and Password.
- Select Credit Card option and choose your desired credit card.
- Next, tap on the option Total Controls and select Check for Limit increase.
NOTE: You can place a request further if your Credit Card is eligible else you will receive a message Pop up that your Credit Card is currently not eligible for Limit enhancement.
How to Place a Request for a Credit Limit Increase on Axis Bank Credit Card through Email
Axis Bank Cardholders can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from their registered email ID to apply for an increase in the credit limit by sending the bank a copy of self-attested authenticated documents as mentioned above.
Axis Bank Credit Limit Increase Offer
It refers to a pre-qualified offer for an increase in credit limit for your credit card. If the bank finds you eligible for an increase in limit and has contacted you, you can opt for the offer via any of the following channels:
- SMS CLE XXXX (last 4 digits of your card number) to 5676782 from your registered mobile number.
- Call Axis Bank Customer care number 1860 419 5555 / 1860 500 5555.
- Login to Axis Bank Internet Banking –> Click on Accounts –> My Credit Cards –> Check for Limit Enhancement.
- Login to the Axis mobile APP –> Select Credit Cards –> Select Your Credit Card –> Click on Total Controls –> Select Check for Limit Increase
In this article, you have learned How to Increase Axis Bank Credit Card Limit Online | Axis Bank Credit Card Limit Enhancement using various methods. I hope your doubt regarding the Axis credit limit Increase is cleared.
Make sure you increase your credit card limit if you have a genuine and strong reason, not just to spend more on luxury things otherwise it will create a financial burden on you.
If you have any questions related to the Axis credit card limit increase, contact its customer care department and they will assist you.
Call Axis Bank’s phone banking number 1860 419 5555 / 1860 500 5555 and place a request to increase your Axis credit card limit.
You will get an SMS confirmation on your registered mobile number once the Limit is increased.
Also, you can check the updated limit using Axis Mobile App or through Axis Net Banking or by calling the customer care number.