ICICI Bank is the leading private sector bank offering a wide range of services and products online like Debit Card, Net Banking, Mobile Banking, etc. if you already have an ICICI credit card and you are facing a Transaction Declined” Issue then you should read this post. we will discuss How to Fix the Issue” ICICI Credit Card Transaction Declined” in this article.
There can be various reasons for transaction failure issues in Card, let’s see some of the main reasons for this issue.
Before moving to the reason for transaction failure let’s see first what does it mean?
What is Transaction Declined in Credit Card?
In simple terms, it means when you are using your credit card to purchase anything online and because of any issue your transaction did not succeed that is called transaction declined.
For Example – you are purchasing your favorite mobile phone from any online store using your credit card, you entered credit card details correctly however when you are in the final stage of the process you get a message on the screen i.e your transaction declined.
How to fix the “ICICI Credit Card Transaction Declined” Issue
There might be plenty of reasons why you are getting this error while using the card. we will try to cover the scenarios for this error and also the ways you can fix it.
Solution 1: Check your ICICI Transaction Settings
This is the most important reason behind transaction failure. follow the steps below to check the settings if is correct.
- Login to the ICICI iMobile Banking App using 4 digit MPIN.
- On the home screen click on the option My Cards.
- On the next screen you will able to see the detail of your cards. Select the card for which transaction is getting failed.
- The selected card details will appear on the next screen. select Manage Card option on the screen.
- Under manage cards you will see Transactin Settings. you will also see two option Domestic and International.
- If your domestic transaction is getting declined click on the Domestic Tab and check the settings, make sure to turn on the settings you need. for example – if your are getting transaction failed error while withdrawing money from ATM, turn on ATM Withdrawal setting. similarly if your Merchant Outlet or Online transaction is failing , turn it ON.
- If your International transaction is getting declined click on the International Tab and check the settings, make sure turn on the settings you need. for example – if your are getting transaction failed error while withdrawing money from ATM, turn on ATM Withdrawal setting. similarly if your Merchant Outlet or Online transaction is failing turn it ON.
- Once you modify the settings you will see successfull message on the screen. you too will get an SMS to your registered mobile number about this update.
By following the above process you can check your ICICI credit card transactions settings and fix the issue.
Solution 2: Exhausted Credit Card Limit
You might not notice, but you already have exhausted your credit card limit, resulting in transaction failure.
Once the transaction is declined check your card limit and if you have already consumed your limit, pay your bill or use another credit card.
Solution 3: Check your internet Connection
We come across sometimes that the internet is very slow or the internet is not working at all. In that case transaction process will be timed out and your transaction will be declined.
Wait for the network to restore and then use your credit card. it will allow you for sure.
Solution 4: Bank Server is not Responding
Due to an overload of service requests on a particular bank, you may get this error and your credit card transaction will be declined.
Be patient and wait for some time and then try again.it will allow you to use your card. you can even call your respective bank if this error keeps coming.
Solution 5: Contact Customer Care
You can also call customer care to check if there is any technical issue with the credit card or with the bank which is causing this. they will check and let you know about this.
ICICI Bank Customer care number- 1860 120 7777
In this article, you have learned How to Fix the Issue” ICICI Credit Card Transaction Declined”. You can give it a try by going through all the above methods to solve this. we will try to look for more scenarios and ways to fix this.
In case if you still have an issue with transactions put your queries in the comment section below.