ICICI Bank is one of the leading private sector banks in India providing its services across the country. In case because of any reason you want to close your Bank account, you must know How to Close your ICICI Bank Account in an easy way.
Before closing your ICICI Bank account you must know few important things. find the points below mentioned.
Points to remember before proceeding to close your ICICI Bank Account
- You can not re-open your ICICI Bank account again.
- All the pending dues should be cleared before closing your ICICI Bank account.
- You need to make your account balance “Zero” before account closure.
- Cancel all Auto debit facility from your account like loan deduction, any Policy auto deduction etc.
- You can keep complete Bank statement of your account for any future reference. you may need to present somewhere.
Can we Close ICICI Bank Account Online?
We might be thinking that banks are moving towards digital so there must be a way to close the account Online.
But, there is no way one can close their ICICI Bank Account Online, this is because of Banking terms and conditions. you must have to visit a bank branch to proceed to close your account.
How to Close ICICI Bank Account? Step by Step
- Visit your ICICI Bank home Branch.
- Request the ICICI account closure form from the bank officials or you can download the ICICI account closure form from the Bank website.
- Once you have downloaded the form, fill in by entering all the details mentioned below.
- Name of the account holder
- Account number
- Signature of the account holder
- Address including City, State, and PIN number
- Reasons for closing the account
- The balance remaining in the account if any
- Transfer the remaining balance through DD, Cheque, Cash, or in another account.
- Now submit the form to the bank officials.
- After submitting the account closure form return the passbook, cheque book, Debit ATM card, provided by the bank to you.
- ICICI Bank branch may ask for your ID and address proof to authorize the correct person for this account.
- After successful verification, your account will be closed. you will get confirmation to your registered email and mobile number as well.
You have learned How to Close ICICI Bank Account and important points you should never forget before closing an ICICI Bank account. I hope you are clear with the account closure procedure.
If you have any doubts/questions related to the above information you can ask in the below comment section. I will be happy to answer.
Unfortunately, closing the ICICI Bank account online is not possible. you have to get the account closure form from the bank or can be downloaded online.
Once you have the closure form fill it in, attach the address and the proof of identity, submit the form to the bank officials. make sure you submit Debit Card, Passbook, Cheque book along with it.
Yes, It is Nil for closure within 30 days of account opening and after one year.
Customers have to pay Rs. 500 if they are closing an account during 31 days to one year of opening an account.
It will take around 7 to 10 working days to close your ICICI Bank Account.