ICICI Bank provides various facilities online. As it is one of the leading private sector banks in India it offers various types of credit cards to its customers based on their requirements. In case due to some incident if a customer lost their cards it needs to be blocked immediately. In this article, you will know How to Block ICICI Bank Credit Card?
We will also discuss the methods by which you can block Credit cards easily and fast in order to avoid any fraudulent activities.
Let’s start with the scenarios in which you should block your credit card. you can find them below.
- Your credit card is stolen or you have lost it.
- You wish to change your credit card.
- Unauthorized transaction alert which you did not perform.
- You do not want credit card anymore.
Now you are aware of when you need to block your credit card. let’s know also the requirements you need to fulfill in order to block the ICICI Credit card.
Requirements to Block ICICI Credit Card
- The registered mobile number with the bank is needed.
- You must have access to ICICI Net Banking and Mobile Banking.
- An active SMS pack should be there in your mobile number to send and receive SMS.
How to block ICICI Credit Card Via Internet Banking
If you have access to net banking you can easily block your credit card. follow the steps below.
- Visit ICICI Bank Net Banking official website and login using your User ID and Password.
- Go to My Accounts section and click on Credit cards option.
- Now click on the Block your Credit Card Option.
- Choose your Card Number and click on the Submit button.
Once your request is processed successfully your Credit Card will be blocked.
How to block ICICI Credit Card Via Mobile App
Follow the steps below in order to block your credit card using the ICICI Mobile banking App.
- Download and install iMobile App to your mobile phone.
- Login by entering 4 digit MPIN.
- Once you login successfully, click on Card Services tab.
- On the next window click on block credit card.
- Choose the type of card from the dropdown and card number. mention the reason as well for blocking the Credit card.
- Click on the Submit button. The card will be blocked instantly.
How to block ICICI Credit Card by Calling Customer Care
You can block your credit card by calling ICICI Bank customer care as well.
Call ICICI Bank customer care number 1860 120 7777, verify your personal details like name, registered mobile number, DOB, Bank Account number, etc. to the customer care executive.
After the validation of details, you can ask the executive to block your Credit card. they will block your card immediately.
How to block your ICICI Credit Card by Visiting Bank Branch
This process is offline as you need to visit a bank branch in order to block your credit card. follow the steps below in order to block your ICICI credit card.
- Visit your bank home branch with bank Passbook and your Identity proof.
- Request the bank officials to block your credit card. you may need to write an application to mention the details of your credit card.
- The bank will verify your details and after successful verification, your credit card will be blocked. you will be notified on your registered email ID and mobile number about card closure.
Important Points to remember before blocking your ICICI Credit Card
- Make sure your credit card bill is cleared. there should be not any due amount.
- Clear your EMIs before before blocking or shift your EMIs to another Credit Card.
- Do not use your Credit Card after submitting the request to block your credit card to the bank.
You have learned How to Block ICICI Bank Credit Card in this article. I hope this information will be helpful in blocking your ICICI credit card.
In case if you have any doubts/queries related to the above information do ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer them.
ICICI Bank customer care number – 1860 120 7777
ICICI credit card block number – 1860 120 7777
You can use ICICI Net Banking or Mobile Banking in order to block your credit card online.
Call ICICI Bank customer care number 1860 120 7777, verify your personal details like name, registered mobile number, DOB, Bank Account number, etc. to the customer care executive and block your credit card.
Log in to ICICI Net Banking or Mobile Banking in order to block your credit card online.
Visit your bank branch carrying Proof of address & Identity, Bank passbook, request bank officials to block your credit card. After verifying details your ICICI credit card will be blocked.
Call ICICI Customer care 1860 120 7777 immediately and block your credit card.