If you have recently applied for an American Express or AMEX credit card and you are looking for a way to check your card application status, go through this article completely. here we will discuss How to Check American Express Credit Card Application Status Online | American Express Credit Card Tracking?
We will discuss the ways using which you can easily check your AMEX Credit card application status.
Requirements to Check American Express Credit Card Status
- Keep your Application Reference Number ready with you to check the status . Application number you will get after applying for a new credit card successfully.
- Your mobile number must be registered with your credit card application.
Check American Express Credit Card Application Status by Calling Customer Care
You can call AMEX credit card customer care number 91124–2801800 and 1800-419-3646, Request to check your card status, verify your details, provide your application reference number to the executive, and know your application status.
American Express Credit Card Customer Care Number:-
+91124–2801800 and 1800-419-3646
US customers can call 1-888-826-3471(Mon-Fri 6 am-9 pm MST) to check the status of their credit card application.
Check American Express Credit Card Application Status by Visiting Bank Branch
You can visit the American Express Local or home branch to check your credit card status. provide your Credit card Application form number or Application reference number to the bank officials and know your card status easily.
Check American Express Credit Card Application Status Online
The online facility is currently available for the resident of USA. follow the steps below to proceed.
- Visit the link
- Enter your Social Security Number and Home Zip Code and click on the button Check Application.
- On the next screen you will see the status of your credit card application.
What are the different status of your American Express Credit Card Application
Your credit card application status can be any of the following.
- In Progress: It means your application has been received by American Express and is under review at present.
- Approved: This status shows up once the bank approves your application. however, you have to wait a few days to get your credit card.
- Dispatched: When your application is approved and the card is ready, the bank will dispatch it to the mailing address you provided while filling the credit card application form. you will be informed through SMS with tracking ID details as well.
- On Hold: This status may be shown due to a failed verification process, like incomplete documentation, or missing information. The bank will keep your application on hold and will call you to confirm the missing information or document. Once the issue is resolved, the bank will proceed with your application.
- Declined: When your credit card application is not approved due to any reason, the status displayed is ‘Declined’. This happens when you fail to meet the eligibility criteria. you need to follow up with the bank on this.
- No Records Found: When you see the status as no record found, call bank customer care to know the reason. ensure that you enter the correct details to check the status of your application.
How can I track the status of the dispatched American Express Credit Card?
If you see the status of your credit card application as dispatched, you must have received the Airway Bill number (courier reference number) to your registered mobile number.
You can track the status of the shipment using the Airway Bill number (AWB) by visiting the courier websites given below:
BLUE DART – www.bluedart.com
SPEED POST – www.indiapost.gov.in
DHL – http://www.dhl.co.in
NOTE: It can be any other Courier company apart from the above-mentioned.
In this article, you have learned How to Check American Express Credit Card Application Status Online | American Express Credit Card Tracking online, by calling customer care, or by visiting a local branch.
I hope you will find the information useful to check your card status. If you have any issues with the AMEX credit card, you can call AMEX customer care.
It can take a minimum of 2 to 3 days and a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks for the approval of your credit card application after submitting the relevant documents.
You will receive your American Express card in about 7-10 working days after approval.
Yes, you can check the status of your credit card application by calling the AMEX customer care department.
To verify the income you have stated, AMEX might ask you to submit proof of income documents.