SBI is one of the most popular banks in India. It provides many online services which we avail on a daily basis. SBI also provides the facility to block ATM card when you lost or it is stolen. here we will learn How to block an SBI ATM Card if you lost it or misplaced it.
It is very necessary to understand the importance of blocking your card as it can be used for any fraudulent purposes or unauthorized transactions.
However, you need not worry much about your lost card as SBI provides multiple ways through which you can block your card in just a few minutes.
There are mainly four ways by which you can block your ATM Card. All the methods are quite simple and easy and it can be done anytime.
4 ways to Block Your SBI ATM/Debit Card
- Through Internet Banking
- Through YONO SBI App
- By Sending an SMS
- By Calling SBI Customer Care
Let discuss all the above methods one by one in detail.
How to Block SBI ATM/Debit Card through Net Banking
You can use SBI online facility to block your ATM card. You just have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit SBI Net banking website www.onlinesbi.com
- Log into Net banking using your User name and Password.
- Under e-services tab select ATM Card Services option.
- Now Click on Block ATM Card Option.
- Select the Account to which your ATM/Debit card is linked that you want to block.
- On the next page, you will see all the active and closed cards.it will show the first and last four digits of your ATM Card.
- Select the Card that you wish to block, Provide the reason to block your card, and click on Submit. Verify the details and click on Confirm.
- Choose the mode by which you want to authenticate the request i.e. One Time Password(OTP) or Profile Password.
- Enter OTP or Profile Password and click on Confirm.
- A message will be displayed on the successful submission of the request with a ticket number. Keep this ticket number for any future reference.
The ATM/Debit Card is now blocked. you can check the status by logging in again to internet banking.
|Read also How to Unblock SBI ATM Card|
How to Block SBI ATM Card Via YONO App
You can also Block your ATM/Debit Card using SBI YONO mobile app. follow the steps below.
- Download SBI YONO App and log in using your credentials i.e. User name and Password.
- Select Service Request from the menu option on the left hand side.
- Under Service Request Select ATM/Debit Card.
- Enter your Profile Password.
- Choose Block Card option.
- Now Select your account number and select the Card to block. Choose Type of Block i.e. Temporary or Permanent and click on Next.
Your Card is now blocked successfully.
|Read Also How to Change Registered Address in SBI|
How to Block SBI ATM Card through Phone Call
SBI provide customer support 24*7 .you can call customer care in order to block your ATM/Debit Card.
You can call to the below mentioned numbers. its toll free number. you will be guided by IVRS on how to Block your SBI ATM Card.
- 1800 11 2211
- 1800 425 3800
- 080 2659 9990
How to Block SBI ATM Card through SMS
SBI Account holder can block their ATM/Debit card by sending an SMS. Follow the procedure as mentioned below.
- Send SMS ‘BLOCK<space>XXXX‘ to 567676 from your Registered mobile number with the bank, where XXXX represents the last 4 digits of your card number. For Example-
‘BLOCK 1224’ to 567676
- After sending an SMS successfully you will receive a confirmation SMS about your blocked card with a ticket number.
|Read Also How to Apply for ATM Card in SBI|
We have learned various methods to block the State bank of India ATM/Debit Card. you can use any of them based on your suitability. All methods are very simple and easy.
1-How Can I Block State Bank of India ATM Card by phone?
You can call SBI Customer care toll free number at 1800 11 2211,1800 425 3800 and 080 2659 9990. Follow the instructions over IVRS and Press the button which says To block your ATM/Debit Card press this button.
2-How Can I block State bank of India(SBI) ATM/Debit Card through branch?
It is recommended to block your card as soon as possible in case of theft or misplaced in order to avoid any fraud transactions.
We have online facility available from SBI to do so and its very simple and fast. However if you want to do it from branch visit your nearest branch and request to block your card by writing an application.
3-Whats is the difference between Temporary block and Permanent block in YONO SBI App?
Temporary block means you can unblock your card later by visiting your bank branch where as permanent block you can not unblock your card.
4-Can I turn off my E commerce transactions through YONO SBI App?
Yes, you can turn off ATM/Debit Card transactions, POS transactions, Domestic usage, International usage e-commerce transactions through SBI YONO App. you can turn it on when you need to access these facilities.
5-What should I do if my SBI ATM card is lost?
As soon as you notice you lost your ATM card call customer care, log in to internet banking mobile banking, and block your card. doing all these things immediately will save you from any fraudulent or unauthorized transactions.