UPI (Unified Payment Interface) is one of the fast and easy methods for transferring money online. It is a part of the digital India initiative. In order to transfer money through UPI, you need to know your UPI ID. In this guide, you will know What is my UPI ID? How to find UPI ID in various Payments App?
In order to transfer the money you just need the beneficiary’s mobile number or UPI ID. there are different UPI Apps with different UPI ID. money transfers can be done if both sender and receiver have the same UPI App installed in their phones.
Lets explore where you can find UPI IDs in various popular Apps.
What is my UPI ID?
The UPI ID varies from App to App. we have various UPI-enabled apps like BHIM, Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, Amazon, Mobikwik. Banks also provide their own UPI App like SBI provides BHIM SBI Pay. PNB provides BHIM PNB etc.
UPI ID depends on the App you are using. UPI ID of the BHIM APP is different from the UPI ID of Google Pay. same for Amazon and Paytm. so in order to transfer funds to the correct person, you need to know their UPI ID of the respective Mobile App.
We have explained below how you can find UPI ID for various popular Apps. check your UPI App and find your UPI ID.
|Read Also How to Change UPI ID in 90 seconds|
What is my UPI ID in BHIM App?
In order to know your BHIM UPI ID follow the steps below.
- If you are using BHIM App, Open it and Login using your 4 digits Passcode or fingerprint.
- On the home page only you can see your BHIM UPI ID on the top left-hand side below your linked bank account.
- Alternatively, Click on the tab Profile on the bottom of BHIM Home Page.
- On the next screen you will see your BHIM UPI ID along with your QR Code.
- BHIM App will allow you to create two UPI IDs. The first one is the default (your Mobile number@upi) and the second one of your choice if it is available under the My Profile screen.
- You can make any of the two IDs as a Primary ID by clicking on the button Make Primary UPI ID.
Now you know your BHIM UPI ID. start transferring funds securely.
What is my UPI ID in Paytm?
follow the Steps below and find your Paytm UPI ID easily.
- If you are a Paytm User open the Paytm App and log in using Lock PIN, Pattern, or Password.
- Once you log in, click on your profile on the top left-hand side and you can see your UPI ID on the top along with your Name.
- Alternatively Click on Default Bank Account Option under Menu.
- On this screen, you will able to see your UPI ID under Money transfer settings. UPI ID will be like your phone number or customized ID with extension @paytm.
- Paytm does not provide the facility to change UPI ID.
How to get my UPI ID in PhonePe App?
PhonePe Users can follow the below procedure to know their UPI ID.
- Open PhonePe App and login using your PIN, Password or fingerprint.
- Click on your Profile Icon on top left hand side and select the option My BHIM UPI ID.
- On the next window, you will able to see your UPI ID (your mobile number or your custom ID ending with@ybl extension). If you have multiple UPI ID all will appear on this screen.
- PhonePe provides the facility to create up to 3 UPI IDs and make any of them as Primary UPI ID.
- On this screen, you can create a new UPI ID by clicking on the button Add New UPI ID and delete any existing UPI ID as well.
Where is UPI ID in Google Pay?
The product from Google. We call it G Pay as well. find your UPI ID using the below steps.
- Open Google Pay App and Login using PIN, Pattern, Password or fingerprint.
- click on your profile Icon on the top right corner.
- On the next screen you can see your UPI ID and the bank details linked with the GPay App.
- In case if you want to change the extension you can change it to @okaxis, @okhdfcbank, @okSbi, @okicici, etc.
- Unfortunately in GPay App, you can only change the extension not anything before the extension.
How to find UPI ID in Amazon Pay?
The most popular app for shopping also provides a digital payment service. follow the steps below to know your UPI ID in Amazon Pay.
- Open Amazon Mobile App to your mobile phone.
- Now click on the left hand side menu ( 3 parallel lines) and choose Your Account option.
- On the next screen, scroll down a bit and Click on Amazon Pay UPI under the Amazon Pay option.
- Here you will able to see your Amazon Pay UPI ID (your mobile number@apl) along with your QR code.
- Click on the tab Create new UPI ID if you want new one of your choice.
What is my UPI ID in SBI?
- If you are a customer of SBI and you are using BHIM SBI Pay as UPI App, then login to the App using 6 digit App PIN.
- Now on the left hand side menu click on three parallel lines and then click on View profile.
- On the next window, you will see your Default SBI UPI ID along with your personal details and QR Code.
- You can create New UPI ID as well by clicking on the tab Add New UPI ID.
- SBI UPI App provides facility to add up to 3 UPI Ids.
you have learned What is my UPI ID? and How to find the UPI ID in various Payments App? I hope you will be able to get your UPI ID of apps like GPay, PhonePe, Paytm, etc.
If you have any doubts/questions related to the above information, do ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer all of them.
UPI full form is Unified Payment Interface which is developed by NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) for instant fund transfer.
UPI ID is your address that identifies your identity over various UPI-enabled Apps. It’s like an Identity of yours for any UPI transactions.
your Google pay UPI ID can be anything in the beginning but the extension will be always @oksbi, @okaxis, @okhdfcbank, @okicici.
Google Pay UPI ID Format – jack.cat12@oksbi, first name. Lastname 123@okicici etc.
SBI UPI ID will have your mobile number at the beginning and the @sbi extension at the last. For an Example – 9876543210@sbi.
Paytm UPI ID will have your customized name and number or both at the beginning and @paytm at the last. For example – Jack.dany123@paytm, water987rain@paytm.
yes, VPA (virtual payment address) is also referred to as UPI ID. The UPI ID which you generate through any UPI-enabled app to transfer funds or any other bill payment is called VPA as well.
You need to share your UPI ID or VPA with the payer to transfer money.
Yes, you can change your UPI ID.
No, It is different for every app. For example :
Paytm is having a customized UPI ID at the beginning and @paytm at the last as an extension .for Example: jank123@paytm
BHIM App is having your mobile Number at the beginning and @upi at the last as an extension. for Example – 1234567890@upi.
It depends on the App. Few apps offer you to create up to 3 UPI Ids, a few up to 2, and in Paytm only one UPI ID you can create.
You can use the above steps to find your UPI ID for the popular apps.