Unified Payment Interface (UPI) is the new form of banking where you can transfer or request money without an account number. you can pay the bill as well using UPI.an unique UPI ID is assigned to each user to make the transaction safer. generally, you will find the UPI ID with your mobile number in the beginning. However, if you want to add a new UPI of your choice you can do it. In this post, we will see how to change the UPI ID for some prominent UPI Apps.
But before we learn how to change UPI ID lets see first the requirement for this process.
Requirements to Change UPI ID
Below you can find some mandatory things you need to do before proceeding to change UPI ID.
- Your mobile number must be registered with the bank.
- Mobile number must have active SMS pack to receive and send SMS.
- Registered mobile number should be inserted in to the phone.
- Internet connection is mandatory.
Now we know the requirements let’s jump to the process. we will see below how we can change the ID in some popular apps.
How to Change UPI ID in PhonePe App
Follow the process below in order to procced.
- Download and install Phonepe app to your mobile phone.
- Log in using your PIN, Password or fingerprint.
- Click on your profile image on the top left hand side.
- Next click on the MY BHIM UPI ID option.
- You will see here your current UPI ID. Click on the tab ADD NEW BHIM UPI ID on the bottom of this screen.
- Enter the UPI ID of your choice. The app will automatically look for the ID if it is available and it will turn green in color otherwise it will show the cross.
- Once it turns green color, click on Continue button.
- On the next screen you can set newly created UPI ID as a primary UPI ID.
How to Change UPI ID in Google Pay App
In Google Pay, you can not change UPI ID however you can change your extension after @. You can follow the below steps to change this.
- Download and install Google Pay App to your mobile phone.
- Log in to app using your screen lock pattern, password or PIN.
- Click on your profile on the top right hand side of this app.
- Now click on bank name linked to Google Pay already under Bank accounts and cards.
- Next tap on the the Account information and you will be redirected to next window.
- Here select the extension from the given list i.e. @okicici,@oksbi, @okaxis by clicking the + button symbol next to the extension.
- The app will verify by sending an SMS on your registered mobile number and it will activate that UPI ID.
How to Change UPI ID in Paytm App
Follow the steps below to proceed with it.
- Download and install the Paytm app to your mobile phone and Login using your password.
- On the home page click on UPI Money Transfer Option.
- Now click on the More option on the top right-hand side of the app.
- Next tap on the 3 dots on the top right hand side of the app and select Edit UPI ID.
- Enter the UPI ID of your choice and Save. You can choose from below given suggestion also.
- your UPI ID is changed. You will see successful message on the screen as well.
How to Change UPI ID in BHIM App
Follow the steps as mentioned below.
- Download and install BHIM App to your phone.log in using your fingerprint or Passcode.
- Click on the profile tab on the bottom of the app.
- Tap on your bank name already linked to BHIM App.
- On the next screen click on + symbol to add new UPI ID.
We have seen how you can change UPI ID in major apps i.e. Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe & BHIM App.
If you have any question regarding above information you can ask in the below comment section.