State bank of India (SBI) stays on top of implementing new ways to help its customers in any aspect. so, In order to transfer funds, the concept of MMID came into existence. In this article, you will learn how to get MMID in SBI following simple steps.
In SBI MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) is 7 digit unique number provided by the bank for fund transfer. It is combination of your registered mobile number and account number.
MMID will be issued to you after registering your mobile number and account number in which you want to receive funds. MMID uses the service of IMPS for fund transfer.
Now we have a fair idea about MMID lets see how you can get MMID in State Bank of India.
How to get MMID in SBI through SMS
- If you are registered for a mobile banking service with SBI, MMID will be allotted to the primary account activated for mobile banking services. In order to activate it, send SMS in the below format from your registered mobile number.
- If you are not registered for Mobile Banking Service, You can generate MMID for all your accounts by sending SMS as given below.
“MMID <Bank Code> <11 digit Account number>”
Bank Code can be SBI (State bank of India), SBH (state bank of Hyderabad), SBM(State Bank of Mysore), etc.
Read Also What is SBI YONO Cash
How to get MMID in SBI through YONO LITE SBI App
You can get it through SBI YONO mobile app as well. Follow the procedure below.
- Download the YONO LITE SBI Mobile app to your phone.
- Log in using User name and Password.
- On the Dashboard select Requests Tab.
- Now click on Get MMID.
- Select your Account from the dropdown and click on GET MMID.
- You will see your MMID on the screen for selected account number. you will receive it via SMS also to your registered mobile number.
How to get MMID in SBI by Calling Customer Care
SBI Customer care service is fast and it is very helpful in resolving your queries. Check the process below in order to get MMID.
- Call State Bank of India customer care toll-free number 1800 425 3800.
- Follow the IVRS (Interactive voice response system) guidelines and choose the mobile banking services option.
- Provide the details like mobile number, name, branch etc.to customer service executive.
- After verifying your details you will receive your MMID to your registered mobile number.
How to get MMID in SBI through ATM
- Visit any SBI ATM Centre near you.
- Swipe your Debit/ATM Card to the machine.
- Select mobile registration option.
- Choose SMS/secure code option code on the screen.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click on confirm.
- You will get a receipt with your MMID number. you will receive SMS as well to your registered mobile number.
How to get MMID in SBI by Visiting Home Branch
In case if you do not have access to internet banking you can get it from the branch as well. follow the procedure below.
- Visit your SBI Home branch with bank passbook.
- Request the bank officials to get MMID for your account.
- They will check your Bank Passbook and will send MMID to your registered mobile number.
We have learned how to get MMID in SBI in various ways. I hope this will help you. Any doubt regarding this process you can ask below in the comment section.
1: Do I need to register the details of beneficiary before sending money through MMID?
No, you do not need to register any beneficiary if you are sending money through MMID.
2: I have 3 accounts and I want to receive funds in all accounts using my mobile number.is it possible?
In this case, you need to get MMID for each account. The mobile number can be the same for all your accounts.
3: How can I cancel or de register MMID?
- Log in to SBI YONO LITE mobile app.
- Select request tab.
- Click on Cancel MMID.
if you are not registered for mobile banking services send an SMS as below.
SMS “MMIDCANCEL <Bank Code> <11 digit Account number>”
Bank code can be SBI, SBH, SBM etc.
4: How many digits MMID consists of?
MMID will have 7 digit number.
5: What will happen if I change my mobile number? should I request to get new MMID again?
yes, if you have changed your mobile number you have to deregister the MMID assigned earlier and register again for the MMID with new Mobile Number.