If you have got a new HSBC credit card, you must activate it first by generating a PIN in order to use it at any place. In this post, you are going to learn How to generate HSBC Credit Card PIN | Change HSBC Credit Card PIN?
You need to set a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when the card is issued. PIN stands for Personal Identification Number and is required to authorize ATM transactions and to POS machine when you swipe your card.
Requirements to generate HSBC Credit Card PIN
- You should have an active HSBC Credit Card.
- Your Mobile number must be registered with your credit card account.
- You should have access to HSBC Internet or Mobile banking to create card PIN online.
How to Generate or Change HSBC Credit Card PIN through ATM
- Visit any nearest HSBC ATM.
- Insert your HSBC Credit Card into the ATM machine slot.
- Next, Choose the language of your preference.
- Now you will be given two options on the screen i.e generate your pin or change your PIN.
- If you want to generate your pin code then choose Generate PIN option.
- if you want to change your PIN then you have to click on Change PIN. After this, the steps will be same for both generating PIN and changing PIN.
- After choosing the option, An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter that OTP(one-time-password) and hit Continue button.
- Next, set new 4 digits PIN of your choice, Re-type the PIN. click on the Submit option.
- Congrats!! your HSBC PIN has been generated successfully. you will see the successful message on the screen as well.
How to Generate HSBC Credit Card PIN through SMS
You can also activate your HSBC credit card by sending the SMS to 09221001010 in the below format from your registered mobile number.
HSBC<space>LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR CARD<space>LAST NAME<space>BIRTH MONTH & YEAR in MMYYYY to 09221001010
For example – If your credit card number is 1234567899876543, your name is John Muller and your DOB is 20/11/2000, the SMS format will be:-
HSBC 6543 MULLER NOVEMBER2000
How to Generate HSBC Credit Card PIN by Calling Customer Care
HSBC Customers can generate their Credit card PIN by calling the HSBC customer care number 1800 267 3456 / 1800 121 2208.
After calling customer care, follow the IVRS call, Enter your credit card number and generate it easily on call. Bank will send an SMS OTP to your registered mobile number to complete the process.
Generate or Activate HSBC Credit Card PIN by Performing a PIN based transaction
You can also generate or activate your HSBC Credit Card PIN by making an online transaction that requires you to add your PIN.
On making a transaction, you can add the OTP sent by the bank to authenticate the transaction. Once done, you can choose to add a new PIN during the transaction.
How to Change HSBC Credit Card PIN Using HSBC India Mobile Banking App
- Download and install HSBC India Mobile App.
- Log in to the app using your username and Password.
- Select your credit card.
- Next, Click on Manage cards option.
- Now, Select Reset credit card PIN.
- Submit the request.
In this article, we have discussed How to generate HSBC Credit Card PIN | Change HSBC Credit Card PIN using ATM, Phone Banking, and PIN-based transaction.
All HSBC Chip cards are sent in a deactivated state and need to be activated. so make sure you activate your card before using it by following any of the above processes.
I hope the information will be useful to you. If there are any questions, doubts related to the information you can ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer them.
Send an SMS as:- HSBC<space>LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR CARD<space>LAST NAME<space>BIRTH MONTH & YEAR in MMYYYY to 09221001010 from your registered mobile number.
1800 267 3456 or 1800 121 2208 (Within India) / +91-40-61268002 or +91-80-71898002 (From Overseas).
It will be activated instantly after generating a card PIN and you can use it as well for any online purchase.
All HSBC Chip cards are sent in a deactivated state and need to be activated. you need to make it active by calling HSBC customer care, or by visiting any ATM nearby.