Everyone is visiting the ATM on a regular basis to withdraw money mainly or sometimes to check balance. You can check the balance just by giving a missed calls. Have you ever thought we can use SBI ATM to deposit cash as well? if not you will get an answer to this question in this article.
Yes, you heard it right. technology is helping us to work faster and save time. You can deposit cash in SBI ATM using a machine called CDM (Cash deposit machine).
CDM machine you can use to withdraw money as well as to deposit money. some ATMs have both functionalities.
The CDM machine is similar to an ATM machine but you can deposit money in your saving account through this.
Features and benefits of Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)
- It is a fast and easy way to deposit cash. you need not stand in queue for a long time. hence you can save your time as well.
- Transactions are paperless hence we can contribute to save our environment to some extent.
- The user can deposit a maximum of up to Rs 49,900.
- In a single transaction, you can deposit 200 notes at once.
- CDM can only accept the currency notes of Rs. 100, Rs. 500, and Rs. 2000.
- If you have a PPF account , you can use the CDM to deposit cash into that account.
|Read Also How to Close SBI Bank Account|
Now lets learn how to deposit money using SBI CDM.
Procedure to deposit Cash at SBI ATM using CDM
The steps are very simple. It is just like how you withdraw cash from ATM with few extra steps. you can find the procedure below.
- Visit an SBI CDM near your location carrying your Debit ATM card and the amount of cash you want to deposit.
- Insert your Debit card in the CDM slot for a few seconds until the machine reads your card. After that take it out.
- Select Banking from the available options, then select your preferred language and press the next button.
- Now Enter your ATM PIN number.
- On the screen select the deposit option and then click on the cash deposit.
- you will see some guidelines for using the machine. It will be “you can not deposit more than 200 banknotes and the maximum amount of cash should not exceed more than Rs. 49900”. Select Confirm.
- Now Choose your account type savings or current.
- Only Rs. 100, Rs. 500 and Rs. 2000 can be deposited. The notes should be in good condition. select your note denomination and click on confirm. the shutter of the CDM machine will open, keep your money in the slot and press enter and the shutter will close.
- The CDM machine will check your deposited money. After successful validation of the money, you can see the total amount you deposited in the CDM machine. if everything matches select confirm.
- Your transaction is completed and you will get receipt of this transaction. you can also add more cash from the summary page by selecting add more cash option.
|Read Also How to Withdraw Money From SBI ATM|
We have learned how to deposit cash in SBI ATM using CDM (cash deposit machine).I hope you will find this information useful.
If you have any question regarding this article ask in the below comment section.
1: What is SBI CDM charge?
There is no cost for depositing cash in CDM. One more thing you can deposit cash anywhere whether it’s a home branch or a non-home branch.
2: What do you do if your money gets stuck in a cash deposit machine?
- You can call customer care and ask for help.
- You can visit the SBI Bank branch nearby and check with the branch manager what can be done in this scenario.
- If it is required ask bank officials to check CCTV footage of the ATM center.
- Note down the details of the ATM center like branch location, ATM machine number, and other relevant information.
3: Can we deposit cash in SBI CDM to other bank account?
Yes, you can but you have to pay charges for that. It is generally Rs. 22 + GST.