UPI stands for Unified Payments Interface. It is a system that allows us registering multiple accounts on a single platform to transfer money from one account to another. Apart from transferring money it also provides other services like paying bills, creating IPO mandate requests, etc. we might forget our UPI PIN sometimes, in that case, you will not able to use the services of UPI. but there is no need to worry if you forgot your UPI PIN we will learn here how to reset/change UPI PIN.
In simple words using UPI you can transfer and request money as well without an account number. you just have to know your unique UPI ID in order to do transactions.
Let’s jump to the topic How you can reset/change the UPI PIN in case if you forgot for various mobile applications.
Forgot UPI PIN: How to Reset BHIM UPI PIN?
UPI PIN consists of 4 digit or 6 digits depend on the bank. If you forget it you wont be able to any transaction. follow the steps below to reset UPI PIN in BHIM App.
- Open BHIM App and click on profile tab below.
- On the next screen you will see your bank account which is linked already. click on the bank account number.
- Next under the bank accounts tab on your default account number again and you will see the option FORGOT UPI PIN. Click on that.
- On the next screen enter the last 6 digits of your Debit ATM card and expiry date in MM-YY format.
- Now enter your new 4 digits UPI PIN and re-enter to confirm.
- You have successfully reset your UPI PIN and you can use it now for any transactions.
NOTE: In case if your bank does not allow you to reset your UPI PIN due to any security reason, you can visit the bank’s official website to reset your UPI PIN.
Forgot UPI PIN: How to Reset UPI PIN in PhonePe App?
Follow the steps below in order to reset UPI PIN in PhonePe App.
- Open PhonePe App and click on My Money tab which you can find in the bottom menu.
- Now under the tab Payment Methods click on Bank Accounts option.
- Now Click on RESET BHIM UPI PIN to reset.
- Enter the last 6 digits of your Debit/ATM card, card expiry date in MM-YY format, and click on the Continue button.
- On the next screen enter, OTP sent to your registered mobile number. And set your new UPI PIN as well.
- you have successfully reset your UPI PIN in PhonePe app.
|Read Also How to Change UPI ID in 90 seconds|
Forgot UPI PIN: How to Reset UPI PIN in Google Pay App?
Follow the steps below to proceed.
- Open Google Pay App and click on your image or name on the top right hand side.
- Now click on Your linked bank account under the tab Bank Accounts and Cards.
- Next under the Payment methods option tap on your linked account.
- On the next screen click on FORGOT UPI PIN? option.
- Now enter the last 6 digits of your Debit or ATM card, the expiry date of the card, and click on the arrow button for the next step.
- Enter your new UPI PIN.
- You have successfully performed PIN reset in Google Pay App.
Forgot UPI PIN: How to Reset UPI PIN in Paytm App?
Follow the steps below in order to reset UPI PIN in Paytm App.
- Open Paytm App on your phone.
- Click on the menu option on the top left and scroll down to get My payment settings option.
- As soon as you get My Payment Settings option click on that.
- Next, Under My Payment Settings option click on Saved Payment Details option.
- Now click on the bank account you want to change UPI PIN for.
- Tap on Create New UPI PIN.
- On the next screen enter the last 6 digits of your Debit/ATM card, enter the expiry date, and click on Proceed.
- Now enter your new UPI PIN of your choice.
- You have successfully reset your UPI PIN for Paytm.
|Read Also BHIM App Complaint Number|
We have seen how to reset/change your UPI PIN in case if you forgot. we have discussed how you can reset the UPI PIN for Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, and BHIM App. I hope you will find this information useful.
If there is any question or issues regarding resetting UPI PIN you can ask in the comment section below.
1: What is the full form of BHIM?
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money which is used for transferring money from one account to another account using a unique UPI ID.
2: Who developed BHIM App?
It is developed by NPCI (national payments corporation of India).
3: How many digits UPI PIN will have?
It varies from bank to bank. few banks will have 4 digits and other will have 6 digits.hence we can say it consists of 4 and 6 digits.