A few years back SBI used to send a PIN to our address but nowadays we can only create our ATM/Debit PIN in order to activate it. In this article, we will cover all the methods about How to activate SBI Debit Card or How to Generate an SBI ATM PIN.
SBI provides a Green PIN facility to all its customer in order to make it simpler to create or change the existing PIN. It is an easy and convenient process to generate a Debit or credit card PIN on their own.
Ways to Activate SBI Debit Card
All the methods are mostly online. you don’t have to visit a bank branch in order to create your ATM PIN. Mentioned below are the methods to create.
- Activate SBI Debit Card through ATM
- Activation of SBI Debit Card through SMS
- Activate SBI Debit Card through Internet Banking
- Activate SBI Debit Card through Customer Care
How to Activate SBI Debit Card through ATM
Once you have received your SBI ATM/Debit card, visit the nearest SBI ATMs.Follow the below-mentioned steps to generate the SBI Green PIN.
- Insert SBI ATM card to ATM Machine.
- Select PIN Generation option.
- Enter your 11 -digit account number using keypad and then click on confirm.
- Enter 10 digit registered mobile number and and press confirm.
- On the next screen, a message will be displayed that the PIN shall be received on the registered mobile number. make sure to enter the correct details. click on confirm
- After pressing confirm button message will display on screen that you green PIN generation is successful and your PIN will be delivered to your registered mobile number.
- The account holder will receive OTP to their registered mobile number which will be valid for 2 days. OTP is nothing but Green PIN.
After getting the OTP to your mobile remove and Re-insert your SBI card in order to generate your actual debit card pin using the Green PIN.
Follow the steps below in order to finish the process of generating ATM PIN.
- Insert SBI card in ATM Machine.
- Select banking
- Choose your preferred language based on the given options.
- On the next screen enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Choose PIN Change option under select transactions option.
- Enter your new 4 digit PIN and confirm the same.
- A message will be displayed that your PIN has been changed successfully.
This PIN is your actual PIN which you can use for any transactions like online purchasing, POS payment including cash withdrawal.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card through SMS
you can generate Green PIN even by sending SMS from your registered mobile number. follow the steps mentioned below.
- SMS PIN<space>AAAA<space>BBBB to 567676 from your registered mobile number where AAAA is the last four digit of your debit card number and BBBB is the last four digit of your account number. for Example-
PIN 1234 9887 where “1234” is the last four digits of the debit card and “9887” is the last four digits of the account number.
- OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and will be valid for 2 days.
- you have to create a new PIN using OTP at any State Bank ATM following the process of ” How to generate SBI ATM PIN through ATM”
How to Activate SBI Debit Card through Internet Banking
If you have access to internet banking you can easily generate your ATM PIN by following the below-mentioned steps. In this process of PIN generation, you don’t have to visit an ATM.
- Log in to SBI Internet Banking using your internet banking user name and password.
- Select e-services and ATM Card services.
- Under ATM Card Services choose ATM Pin Generation.
- On the next page choose Using One time Password(OTP) or Using Profile Password.
- Provide your Profile Password and select the account number to which the Debit Card is linked and click on submit.
- Select the Debit Card number and click on confirm.
- You will be redirected to an ATM PIN Generation page where you need to enter any two digits to generate a new PIN. Enter the digits and click on submit.
- You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number with 2 digits.
- On the next screen Enter the 2 digits you have chosen and 2 digits you received through SMS and click on Submit.
- These 4 digits will be your new PIN. A message will be shown that your ATM PIN has been changed successfully.
Also Read How to Open SBI MOD Account
How to Activate SBI Debit Card by Calling SBI Customer Care
you can also get OTP by calling SBI customer care which will help you to create PIN. follow the steps mentioned below.
- Call the Bank Contact Center 1800 425 3800/ 1800 1122 11/ 080-26599990.
- Follow the instructions and select the right number on IVRS to generate Green PIN.
- Enter your full card number and account number.
- After confirming the details OTP will be sent to registered mobile number which will be valid for 2 days.
- You have to create a new PIN using OTP at any SBI ATM to carry out further transactions. you can follow the steps mentioned above.
1-What is SBI Green PIN?
It means going Paperless banking as a part of the SBI green initiative. It is very easy and convenient for both customers and bank employees. Moreover, you can create or change your PIN yourself.
Customers don’t have to visit the branch every time for PIN regeneration and banks need not maintain physical custody of ATM PINs.Customers can do it directly through ATM or internet banking. Since the PIN is sent digitally it is termed as Green PIN.
2-Can I change my PIN without visiting the bank?
Yes, you can change your PIN online through internet banking.
3-Can I get the OTP on any of my mobile number?
You will get OTP only on your registered mobile number with the bank.
4-What is IVRS?
It is interactive voice response system which is very commonly used in call centers. It allows business to interact will callers through automatic menus.
For example-When you call any customer care you will hear like in order to get this press this button. then press this button to know something. you will be asked to press some button in case you want talk to customer care executives.
5-How can I get my first SBI ATM PIN through customer care?
- Call Customer Care to get OTP to your registered mobile number for PIN generation at ATM.
- Insert your card at SBI bank ATM, select your language.
- Enter your card details and account number.
- Enter the OTP received on your phone.
- Eter your registered mobile number.
- Set your 4 digits PIN.