State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the most popular public sector banks in India. It provides various online and offline services to its customers. One of the online services is to get an SBI Interest certificate.
Before moving to the process of getting an SBI Interest certificate, you must know what is Interest certificate.
What is Interest Certificate?
Interest certificate is the annual summary of interest you have earned on your savings accounts and fixed deposits with a bank during any financial year.
It is helpful in filing income tax returns. Interest certificate is also available for Loan account, saving account, fixed deposit account, etc.
|Read Also How to Open PPF Account in SBI Online|
Requirement to get SBI Interest Certificate Online
- You must have access to SBI Internet Banking.
- Download, install and register to YONO SBI Mobile App using your mobile number.
- Your email ID must be registered with your bank account in order to receive an interest certificate over email.
Now, we have an idea about Interest Certificate and the requirements to get it. let’s know the methods to download the Interest certificate of SBI.
How to get Interest Certificate from SBI through Internet Banking
Follow the steps below:
- Visit SBI Internet Banking Website and login using your Username and password.
- Click on the e-services option from the top Menu.
- Next, Select the option My Certificate.
- Now choose the certificate you need for e.g. home loan interest certificate, deposit account certificate. Click on the respective certificate link.
- As soon as you click on the link, you will able to see the interest paid certificate details on the screen. At the bottom, you will see the option to View/download in PDF. Click on that.
- Save the PDF file to your computer/mobile. if you want you can print an interest certificate as well.
How to get Interest Certificate from SBI using SBI Quick App
In order to download an Interest certificate from SBI Using SBI quick mobile app follow the steps below.
- Download and install SBI quick mobile app to your phone.
- Launch the app and give permission by clicking on allow button.
- Now click on Account Services tab on the dashboard.
- On the next screen choose the Interest certificate you want i.e. Edu Loan Int e-Cert, Home Loan Int e-Cert, Deposit Interest. Here I need a Deposit Interest Certificate hence clicking on that.
- On the new window Enter your Account Number, 4 digit Passcode ( you will need it to open later), select year, and click on the Submit button.
- The Interest certificate will be sent to your registered email ID with the bank.
- Open your email and download the SBI Interest Certificate file. In order to open the PDF file, Enter the 4-digit Passcode, you set in the App.
In this article, you have learned how How to get an interest certificate from SBI online using SBI Net Banking and SBI Quick App. I hope you will be able to download the certificate easily.
In case there are any questions/doubts related to the above information you can ask in the below comment section. I will try my best to answer them.
Accrual interest refers to the amount of interest that has been incurred/generated, as of a specific date, on a loan or deposit but has not yet been paid out.
You can view/download it using SBI Internet Banking or through SBI Quick Mobile App. check out the above methods to get SBI Interest Certificate.