Central Bank of India (CBI) is one of the oldest and largest commercial banks in India providing various online services. Unlike many banks, it also provides a CIF number, though some banks provide customer ID. Both customer ID and CIF number are unique for all the customers. In this article, we will learn how to find the Central Bank of India (CBI) CIF number.
But before proceeding to find the CBI CIF number let’s have a glance at What is CIF number in the Central bank of India.
What is CIF Number in Central Bank of India (CBI)
CIF stands for “Customer Information File”. It stores valuable and confidential information of an account holder in a digital format. Every customer has their unique CIF Number.
In Central Bank of India, it consists of 10 digits. the number varies from Bank to Bank. It is very helpful for banks as they can all your data just by entering your unique CIF number.
There are various methods to find the Central Bank of India CIF Number. we will look for all the possible ways to find.
How to Find Central Bank of India CIF Number Online and Offline
yes, we can get CIF number using both Online and offline methods. let see one by one.
- Through CBI Internet Banking
- CBI m-Passbook
- CBI Passbook
- Calling Customer Care
- Account Statement
- By Visiting home branch
Lets see each one of the above methods in detail.
Find CIF number using Central Bank of India Internet Banking
Follow the steps below to find CIF number through Internet banking.
- Visit CBI Internet Banking official website.
- Log in using your User ID and Password.
- On the home page you can see your CIF on top.
- Alternatively, click on the profile setting tab under the Left-hand side Main menu. Under profile, setting tab click on Set Preferred User ID.
- You can see your CIF Number on the Center of the screen.
Use CBI m -Passbook to get CIF Number
Follow the below steps to get CIF number through Central Bank of India m- Passbook.
- Download and install CBI m- Passbook mobile app.
- Log in using 4 Digit M-Pin.
- On the Dashboard click on the tab User profile tab.
- On the next screen, you will able to see your User ID or CIF.
- Alternatively, Click on Passbook tab on the dashboard.
- On the next screen you will able to see your CIF Number.
Find CIF number in Central Bank of India Using Passbook
This is the easiest and fastest method to find the CIF Number in CBI. Just open your CBI Passbook and look for the CIF number on the very first page. you will find it.
Call Customer Care to Know your CIF Number
You can call the Central Bank of India (CBI) customer care toll-free number to get your CIF Number. verify your identity on call and ask for your CIF number from executives. they will let you know.
CBI Customer Care toll-free number- 1800-22-1911
Know your CIF Number through CBI Account Statement
If you have registered your email ID with the bank and you have subscribed to get an e-statement, just open it and see your CIF number on the first page.
Get your CIF Number by Visiting your home Bank Branch
You can visit your bank branch and ask bank officials for your CIF Number. make sure to carry your proof of identity with you.
They will verify your details and will tell you your CIF Number instantly.
We have learned various ways to know find a Central Bank of India (CBI) CIF number .you can use any of the above methods to get the CIF Number. I hope you are clear with all the information provided in this article.
If you have any questions regarding this information you can ask in the below comment section. I will be happy to answer.
1: Can we get CBI CIF Number through Cheque book?
No, On the cheque there is no CIF Number.
2: What is CIF Full form?
Customer Information File
3: If you have registered mobile number with the bank, how to find CBI CIF number?
You can call Central Bank of India Customer care toll-free number 1800-22-1911, verify your details like Aadhaar number, PAN number and get your CIF easily.
4: Without visiting bank how I get CBI CIF Number?
- Call Customer Care if you have your registered mobile with yourself.
- Use Internet banking if you have access to it.
- Check-in Passbook if is there with you.
- Look for your email statement if you have subscribed to it at the time of opening your bank account.
5: If CIF Number is not printed in your Central Bank of India Passbook what should I do?
You need to visit your Bank account to print them in Passbook.