State Bank of India(SBI) offers a wide range of online services from fund transfer to ordering a cheque. However to avail of the online services you need to remember your User Name, Password, and Profile Password. In case you forgot any of them you will not be able to use online services. In this article, you will learn how to Reset the SBI Internet Banking Username if you forgot.
SBI provides an option to generate a user name online. for this to work you should have registered your updated mobile number with your bank account.
How to Reset SBI Internet Banking Username
In case if you forgot the SBI Internet banking username, you can follow the steps mentioned below and you can generate your username.
- Open the SBI Online banking page from your mobile/desktop and click on continue to log in.
- Click on Forgot Login Password tab.
- On the next window, you can see Trouble logging in. Select Forgot Username from the drop-down and click on Next.
- On the Next window provide the asked details like your SBI CIF Number, select country from the drop-down, enter your registered mobile number with your bank account, fill the captcha, and click on Submit.
- After this you will get an OTP to your registered mobile number, enter that OTP and click on Submit button.
- After providing valid OTP you will able to see your username in next screen. you will your user name to your registered mobile number as well.
Also Read How to Reset SBI Net Banking Password
The above simple steps will help you to learn how to reset the SBI internet banking user name. following the above, you can easily recover your username.
1-Will the Username change?
No, it will be the same as when your bank branch provided you a pre-printed kit containing the user name and password through the mailer.
2-If I provide another mobile phone number in the box will I get an OTP?
No, it is not possible. The message will deliver only to the registered mobile number with your bank account. Moreover, it will throw an error.
3-What is PPK in SBI?
PPK is “Pre Printed Kit” sent to you by SBI containing your username and password for internet banking log in.