In this article, we will learn how to update the Aadhaar card address offline means either through the bank or Post Office. If you have a document of address proof then the process becomes easier. We will consider here that you have address proof with you.
UIDAI has certain Aadhaar enrolment centers in every state and district. generally, it will be in the Post Office or the Registered bank.
I will discuss here the practical step one by one that I did to change my address and believe me it is not that time-consuming. of course you have to be in the queue for some time.
Documents Required to Update Address in Aadhaar Card
To change address you need to have address proof with you. find the list of below documents.
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Gazetted Officer- Group A signature as address certifier
- Gazetted Officier- Group B signature as address certifier
- Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya signature as address certifier
- Tehsildar signature as address certifier
- Superintendent/warden/Matron/Head of Institution of Recognized shelter homes/Orphanages signature as an address certifier
- MP/MLA/MLC/Municipal Councilor signature as address certifier
- Head of Recognized Educational Institution
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- SSLC book having a photograph
- School Identity card
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
Make sure your photograph is there on the document. Once you have the document of address proof with you fill the AadharEnrolment/Correction/Update form. you can check the form below.
How to Fill Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction/Update Form
You can download the Aadhaar card enrolment/correction/update form from the given link.
Check below the details of the form in order to update the address. if you look at the form there are a total of 9 points that you need to fill as per your requirement. We will discuss each of them here.
NOTE: Fill all the details in the form in capital letters only.
1: Check the Box Resident if you are staying in India.
2: You need to fill your Aadhaar number here in case you want to update anything.
2.1: Check the box relevant to your update like if you want to update the address, check the address box.
3: Write your full name in this box.
4: Fill your Gender.
5: Fill Age or Date of Birth.
6: Next Enter the address you want to update as per the provided fields. enter your Email ID and Phone number as well.
7: You can skip this if you need to update the address. Check the box verification type as Document-Based.
8: Write the name of the documents next to option POA(proof of address).
9: Skip this for address update.
At last you need to do your signature.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card Address offline through Post Office or Bank
Now we have filled Aadhaar update form. lets discuss further what you need to do.
- Visit nearest Aadhaar enrolment Centre. make sure to carry your Aadhaar card, Address proof along with you.
- Submit the form you filled to the bank or post office official who will update your details on the Aadhaar card.
- They will provide you serial number/token number. based on the serial number you will get the approximate time to come.
- Once your turn comes you will be asked to submit your Aadhaar card and address proof just to verify. do not worry you will get it back after finising the process.
- They will take your Photo and Iris proof as your identity.
- You need to pay Rs. 50 for this.
- After all the above process you will get receipt which will have all the details like Update Request number, your Photo, date, time, updated address and many more.
- You have successfully updated your address in Aadhaar. It may take up to 20 days for the information to be reflected in the online status check & up to 90 days for the Aadhaar generation/Update.
we have seen how to update address in Aadhaar card offline via Post office or bank. I hope this information will be useful.