Indian Bank is one of the leading public sector banks offering various banking and financial services to its customers. In order to use the online services of Indian Bank, you must have a mobile number linked to your bank account. In this article, you will learn How to register/change mobile number in Indian Bank?
Registering a mobile number is very important as if you do any transaction in your bank account like withdrawing money, the bank will send you an SMS to your registered mobile number. It will keep you updated about your banking transactions.
Second, if you do any transaction online like fund transfer an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Now, you know the importance of registering and updating your mobile number with the bank. Now let’s learn how to do it?
How to change/update mobile number/Email ID in Indian Bank Online?
In order to change or update your mobile number online, you must have access to Indian Bank Internet Baking.
Follow the procedure below to proceed with it.
- Visit Indian Bank Net Banking Official Website
- Login using your User ID and Password.
- Once you log in to Net Banking Successfully on the dashboard click on the Options tab on the top right-hand side.
- On the next screen, you can see 3 digits of your current mobile number and next to it Update option will be there. Click on the Update button.
- Once you click on the update button you will receive OTP to your existing mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on the Confirm button.
- Now enter the mobile number which you want to update. after entering click on the confirm button. your mobile number will be updated instantly.
- On the same screen if you scroll a bit down you will see the option to update your email ID as well. Click on the Update button.
- On the next screen, you will see the existing email ID, Enter New E-mail, provide your Net banking transaction Password to confirm the update, and click on the Submit button.
- Congrats!! your email ID has been updated successfully.
How to register/update mobile number in Indian Bank Offline?
Follow the steps below in order to register or update your mobile number in Indian Bank.
- Write an Application letter to your bank branch manager. follow the link for the same.
- Mention the subject as ” Application for Mobile Number Registration” if you want to register your mobile.
- Mention your mobile number and your bank account details like A/c number, branch etc.
- Make sure you have the photocopy of identity and address proof documents like the Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, etc.
- Finally Sign the application letter and attach the document to it.
- Now, Visit your bank branch, Submit the letter and photocopy of the address and identity proof document to the bank officials.
- They might ask you to show your Original ID and address proof, so keep them with yourself.
- After processing your request successfully your mobile number will be registered to your bank account. you will get a message confirmation as well.
- Congrats!! you have successfully linked your mobile number with your bank account.
In this article, you have learned How to register/change mobile number in Indian Bank? I hope it will help you to change or update your mobile number in the bank as well.
For further information, you can call Indian Bank customer care number 1800-4250-0000 as well. they will be able to assist you.
Your number will get updated or registered to your bank account within 24 hours if it is done via bank branch.
If it updated through online it will be done instantly.
Indian Bank customer care number – 1800-4250-0000.